Build Advice Upgrade or not?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ziggy12, 13 May 2012.

1. ziggy12

ziggy12 What's a Dremel?

Sorry that my first post here is asking for advice but I would really appreciate your opinions.

Budget: £400-£500

Main uses of intended build: Mainly games but also internet usage and general PC work

Parts required:i7 2600k processor and asus maximus iv motherboard

Previous build information (list details of parts): currently i7 920 and a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R motherboard

Monitor resolution:1920 x 1200

Storage requirements: I have a crucial 128 gb ssd hdd and a 2 gb Western digital hd

will you be overclocking: no

Any motherboard requirements (no. of USB, Xfire/SLI, fan headers):

Extra information about desired system: would I get a noticeable increase in performance by upgrading the CPU and motherboard or should I go with upgrading my Graphics card which is currently a zotac Geforce GTX470 any help at all would be very helpfull.

2. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

You have a decent computer, especially at that resolution for gaming!

Why are you looking to upgrade? Any particular games limited by the GTX 470?

3. ziggy12

ziggy12 What's a Dremel?

I dont seem to be limited by any current games i.e Skyrim but wondered if that may change in the near future. Thanks for the speedy reply, on a side note I have beem looking around the forum and some of the modding that you guys have done is amazing.

4. ziggy12

ziggy12 What's a Dremel?

thanks for the speedy reply, I do not have any problems with any games at the moment I just want to make sure that I do not have any problems in the near future.
    Would there not be any noticeable improvement by upgrading or am I better off waiting for a while? if I am better off upgrading what would you suggest?