1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress SR-X Cosmos II

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by coolmiester, 14 May 2012.

1. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

Cheers for the feedback:)

Just quickly had to mount 4 red LEDS to the reverse side to see if the red plexi was going to glow OK and all looks well considering these were taken in day light so should look much better at events where it always tends to be darker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

That logo is looking so sexy, anyone who didn't know better would think it was an official part released as part of a limited edition batch.

Catch wait to see how this mod develops. :thumb:

3. coolmiester

I've got to totally strip the case and get it ready for the painter on Monday but couldn't resist seeing what the bezel and res looked like in place.

I've also made some Aurora Red dye to match the logo which looks pretty cool and can be seen better in the Youtube video at the bottom.

Intel Xeon E5-2687W s2011 CPU's should be here Monday and hoping to go quad Sli on the Hydro Copper 680's but not sure on that just yet but with a bit of luck i might be able to get it fired up on the bench at some point next week but at least i'm well happy with the way the front end is looking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Mizugetsu

Mizugetsu What's a Dremel?

That coolant is insane looking good so far.

5. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

Just :jawdrop:

Up there with the best mods i've seen - stonking work dude :thumb:

6. Pranja

Pranja Blackwolf

Nice. Can't wait for more. XD

7. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

i waaaant mooooore :D
    OMG thats lookig soo gooood !

8. kiljoy60

kiljoy60 What's a Dremel?

help newbie here

help. new and don't know how to subscribe..........:waah:

9. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Top bar > thread tools > subscribe to this thread.

:thumb:

10. coolmiester

Cheers guys, sorry i haven't got anything better to offer you :(

My apologies to all hoping to see a bit of a mod update but i’ve had a few teething problems with the SR-X board – nothing major but as there is very little info out there at this point it was a little trial and error which is very quite time consuming but got their in the end and just want to update the thread as it may help others in the future.

Here’s the shortened version - the week started off great with a nice package from Intel landing early Monday in the shape of a couple of retail Xeon E5 2687W CPU’s so i set about getting the system up and running on the bench, air cooled so installed a GTX295 dual PCB graphics card and managed to get a fresh install of W7 but immediately ran into problems with BSOD.

Tried as i might to get it to run stable that night, it wasn’t to be so was well happy when i woke the next morning to find a new BIOS had been released for the board but the happiness didn’t last long as once the new BIOS was flashed i wasn’t able to get a signal to the monitor.

The SR-X comes with a three way switch to load separate BIOS’s so decided to risk another and flashed the second with the new BIOS which led to the same problem.

Looking back now I’m wondering to myself why i didn’t swap the graphics card out but it really didn’t cross my mind at the time and it was only when another guy posted similar problems with a GTX690 on the EVGA forum that the penny sort of dropped.

Both of us were using dual CPU graphics cards so swapped my 295 out and replaced it with a GTX7800 (stop laughing) and BINGO, working fine and BSOD had been fixed with the new BIOS so all working champion and i can now get on to running a few benchmarks but more to the point, get on with making the case look pretty.

Sorry for the long winded post which probably doesn’t mean a lot to most but you never know who’s searching Google – full original thread here - EVGA SR-X - BIOS 013 Released
    Oh the other good news was that a second EVGA GTX680 Hydro Copper arrived so couldn’t resist getting a few photo’s of that fitted to the board

Anyway, a few pictures.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

stop laughing at my GTX7800 hehehehehehe
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ Professional Sleever & Modder

That looks damn sexy !
    Good it turned out well after all those problems !
    Make a shout if you want anything sleeved ;)

12. Mizugetsu

Mizugetsu What's a Dremel?

7800gtx I remember those days

Not a fan of factory WC cards they have no flash

13. Saltire35

Saltire35 Drunken Scotsman

Nice cheap CPU's you got there.

£1400 EACH ! :jawdrop:

14. coolmiester

I couldn't get the case painted before the bank holiday and neither could i wait to get this up and running but luckily most of the parts that will be getting painted can be removed without too much disruption to the system.

Started to hose route the build last night but had a change of heart on the way to route the Hydro Copper blocks - i went for the curved look at first but decided swapping overnight and going for the straighter route which left a shorter run back to the bay-res which looks better IMO and keeps things even more minimal which is definitely the look i was after though pretty tricky considering the size of the motherboard i had to squeeze in but at least it fills the Cosmos II up.

Just need to add some fluids and do a bit of cable management and i can get this beast fired up :thumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. coolmiester

Fluids added........time to hit the GO button :)

[​IMG]

16. Maximilian

Maximilian WC Virgin

Those GPUs look tiny mounted on the SRX!!

17. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

This looks amazing! Can't wait to see it finished

18. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Very nice! Don't forget to run geekbench on it. :)

19. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I was just think the exact same thing.

Looking good Paul, another really nice clean and tidy build :thumb:

20. coolmiester

Cheers guys :thumb:

Well not exactly how i’d envisioned things happening but a few initial teething problems with the BIOS and a bank holiday to contend with meant the chassis painting was delayed and with Computex kicking off in two days, i decided to complete the build so at least i could grab some pictures of the fully working system and luckily all the parts that are getting painted can be easily removed in the coming week or so and paint work carried out.

I just wish i had better photographic skills as i haven’t done this thing justice because in real life it looks absolutely stunning even though i say so myself..........i honestly don’t think there is one aspect i’m unhappy with and the X logo on the front looks amazing.

Anyway, a few finished (until its painted) photos and spec....

System Spec:
    Cosmos II
    EVGA SR-X Motherboard
    Intel Xeon E5-2687W s2011 CPU’s
    EVGA GTX680 Hydro Copper GPU’s
    Memory – Kingston HyperX 48GB
    SSD’s - Kingston 120GB
    Coolermaster 1300w Silent Pro Hybrid PSU

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]