1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New BF3 server - community funded.

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by Rogan, 15 Feb 2012.

1. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

I never said we should stack teams stop putting the words into my mouth, I just said that people who know each other are more likely to want to play as a team..

As Dom said I like playing with and against people from here.. I've always prefered playing with people i know as I personally find it more enjoyable but again I dont deliberatly stack the squads

2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I think that CPC server games should just have 2 sides. And we join one side and stick with it. I know that working within a squad is amazingly fun, Telltale, Mark, Danny and I have done it before. Same goes for the times I play with Drac an Desi (long ago). There should be some option of speaking only to particular few members.

Team or not, greg, calm down, he didn't suggest stacking just that it would be nice to play with some people you know winning or not.

I know games where I've lost but we were playing against each other, still fun. So Just relax Greg. I'd say there be an even balance of CPC guys on both sides, because I'm not gonna lie, there are some pretty damned good players in CPC. Names I shall not name but you all know who you are..

Except you Ezzrah, you kill me too much. :D

3. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

One sec i think i've got a cheese board around here somewhere.

4. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

To all their own. It's all good, I still love you greg. :D

Especially when I get that one weird sneaky kill on you. I love you to bits.

6. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I'm tired so I will make this short and sweet and whilst I am a new admin and don't have final say. Unless you quit the whining about CPC players stacking. Complaining about things that aren't important. At least only important to yourself I will ban you from the server.

I don't want to do this. But to be honest many of us are very sick and tired of your whining.

7. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

I'm playing with the plugins to scramble the teams based on score for the next round this should eliminate the problem and balance teams.

8. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Figured I'd get an impartial view.

Funny that, I saw that I had the highest score on my team for all three games where my team lost consecutively. So which is it? I complain about not being on the winning team? No...because I could have just swapped over and been on team cpc. Complaining about losing but with high kills/points? No again, as I got the most pts on my team. So what am I complaining about then? Because it's not both of those. Would be good if you actually read my posts. It's not about my pts/kills, as strangely enough, I do well, even if I'm not on your team, it's the fact that I end up with a team where nobody is working together/capping, while the team cpc is stacked on the other side because they waited to join when there was a spot on the team everyone else was on, or they joined through friends.

Do you remember at one point where we said it was a better idea not to, as to have it be more random, and not 'all land up on the same side', as you put it? Everyone's going on and on as if I don't understand the appeal of playing with friends. I do, I just don't see why everyone always seems to join through friends, and be on the one team, as opposed to split evenenly.

Last edited: 10 Jun 2012
  9. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Most of the time when I join I end up opposite the rest, it's just a damn good excuse to take some tags :thumb: Even I do frequently get destroyed by most of them (seriously, how the ****ing hell do you ALWAYS appear behind me Elton lol) who cares, it's a larf, innit guv?

10. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

is it not already set as that with the insane balancer?

we've been through this many times when i was admin, Greg. there is an end of round balancer to even the playing field after each round. and as SniperDude on Aria confirmed, there's no talk of team staking on mumble. so you are just seeing what you want to see, while everyone else are having fun.

(lol at Dom sharpening his ban-hammer)

11. Votick

Using true balancer, I have just sent the dev of the plugin a donation so we get access to the beta versions. Which offer better scrambling and balancing. Just waiting for the download link.

I'm also going over updating some of the plugins and the server procon is running on and will give it all a reboot. (Getting errors with MySQL OCBD Connector on one of the plugins :/)

wyx087 likes this.
  12. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Just to confirm, the mid round balancing is off, but occurs end of round? Thanks.

13. Votick

Will balance joining players and mid round via SMP.

Balancing out good and bad players on both sides.

14. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Good fun on the server last night.

Only suggestion I've got is more map choices in the vote, it was the same 5/6 maps every time that you could vote on, I know it wasn't a full server but you can still have plenty fun on the bigger maps when it's not full.

15. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I'll be on all day today! Anyone about to get the server going?

16. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

@Votick: A lot of the guys are interested in balancing by squad - is this a feature of the beta versions of insane balancer or not possible at the mo? Please let us know if you'd like some people to chip in for the donation (or future plugin purchases if they are necessary) as many of us would be happy to help out.

17. sWW

sWW Minimodder

I think this team stacking issue is likely caused because of Battlelog. When you join by following someone it seems to try and stick you with the person you joined through. I'm not sure if this is fact but it is what I tend to observe.

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

It does sort you into a squad with whoever you joined off of. Or even with a friend. I usually click on anyone at random to join off of. Upon round change it puts me with them.

19. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

I join off friends as its quicker personally than trawling through to the fav servers tab etc.

20. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Yeah, that's why I have cpc in my faves so I see what server people are on, the click join server, as opposed to joining through friends list. Unless of course I'm joining a random server where there's someone I know on, in which case I join on them to help them.