Windows Extracted .iso, lost .iso, want .iso back

Discussion in 'Software' started by nathan, 13 Jul 2012.

1. nathan

nathan What's a Dremel?

Hello there, I could use some help.
    Some years ago I started using .iso's. I found Daemon Tools very useful for that. But one day I bought this shitty external hard drive from medion. And because it's FAT32 or something I can't put .iso's on it (that are bigger then my max RAM? I don't know how it works exactly). Anyway I had to rar my .iso's to put them on it. Then I had a 'very good' idea. Open the .iso in DT and just copy the disk from the virtual drive and put that copy on my external drive. Well, it worked :). But as you probably could have predicted, I can't do anything with these files when they're not on a cd/dvd.I can't just run the files without them being in an .iso or on a cd/dvd. Well I don't like to burn a cd/dvd because there hás to be a software-related way to do it...

What I need: software to put an extracted .iso back into the .iso

Now tell me: what's it called?
    Thanks.

2. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

On a Linux system, mkisofs can make an ISO from a set of files - also making it bootable or whatever at the same time.

3. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

to be honest, just find the autorun file and double click on it, or if its an installation software run the setup.exe file, or install.exe file.

if you open up the autorun file it should say which file it normal starts.

thats what it calls when you copy the files to cd and use it.

if you want to make iso's use something called http://www.imgburn.com/
    free and does what you want.

4. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

^^ This.

5. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

First, you could avoided this whole fiasco if you would have reformat the disk when you got it to a filesystem that is not constrained to 4GB limit so you could have stored your larger .iso files.

Just run the games installers (assuming it's what we are talking about) from the directory, and apply the nocd patch as needed after install. If it's dvd movies there are program like MPC or VLC that can play the files.
    If you still insist on getting back to .iso +1 for imgburn.