1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Nixeus new 27" IPS Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mrMonkeyChunks, 2 Aug 2012.

1. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

This just popped up in my RSS feed at work;

http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/02/nixeus-27-inch-IPS-Vue-2560-1440/

At the reported price of $430 (£280-£300) it will be interesting to see what sort of quality the panel will be.
    not to keen on the surround either...

Just wondering what you guys think? a 2560 x 1440 ips screen for £300, doesn't seem too bad.

2. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Doesn't look half bad, but i think it's fair to wait for reviews before making any judgements.

Sam

3. FifteeeCal

FifteeeCal What's a Dremel?

Might be interesting, but as it uses the LG IPS panel, it's likely going to look just the same as all of the Korean IPS screens like Catleaps and Achievas, which can be had for as little as $300. Also, personally I think the bezel looks to thick, cheap and plasticky, so I doubt this'll be anything special.

4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Looks relatively interesting, if it has a UK warranty etc then it will have an advantage over the Korean models, but apart from that, doesn't look anything special.

And if it's towards the top end of the predicted price, then it won't be much cheaper than the Hazro which is already available, atleast it will hopefully add in a bit of price competitiveness.

5. Jaybles

Jaybles Minimodder

Dear god thats fugly. Why do they insist on using glossy surrounds?

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

So it's like a catleap or Achievia shimian with warranty and slightly better stands?

No thanks, the added inputs ironically cause input lag compared to the already present Korean ones.

7. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Probably because it's bound to be a glossy surround. Assuming that like the other cheap monitors it's using the panels that are being rejected by/for Apple.

I'd certainly check the dead/stuck pixel guarantee.