1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Nvidia GTX 560 Ti - "display driver has stopped working" issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Agosen, 28 Aug 2012.

1. Agosen

Agosen What's a Dremel?

This happens often, I tried downloading MSI afterburner and forcing a constant voltage but it made no difference, its basically a black screen for a few seconds and I can hear the GPU fan shut down, then restart and come back.

Anyone got any ideas? Just bought GW2 and would love to be able to pvp without worrying about this :D

Edit: Happens when gaming, when playing videos, even just nothing sometimes

2. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I had this happen to me a few times today. I used driversweeper to clean any old files from the nvidia drivers, then just installed the latest beta drivers. Seems all ok so far. I've also had that problem when a gtx 8800gtx was dying.

3. Agosen

Agosen What's a Dremel?

Ill try using driver sweeper, this has been an issue since I built my PC though so I don't think its anything to do with hardware failure (at least in the physical sense :p) I hope not anyway xD

4. Agosen

Agosen What's a Dremel?

I have actually noticed the card getting noticeably louder too, like the fan is overworking - Thats only since I installed the latest beta drivers too, however the crashing has (as i said) been persistent since the beginning.