1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony closes Studio Liverpool

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 22 Aug 2012.

1. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

i do love you , you know ;)

i just gave another source for the same part , to of course , reinforce your , imo, quite correct view point :D

*did i just get away with that or what lol*

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Walker would work pretty well on tablets: stick yer thumb on the walker itself and slide it to move, then use yer other hand to poke where you want to shoot. Wonder who holds the rights to that franchise now?
    Flattery will get you everywhere, you shameless hussy.

3. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Walker was (is) so cool. One of the first games I remember playing that made good use of a keyboard + joystick control method.

4. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Never did get that G-Police 3 game to bring a good conclusion to the first 2 games, oh well... *sad face*

5. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

^ This!

For all intents and purposes Psygnosis was gone from my mind when it was bought by Sony. Not that I really noticed that, mind you. Never knew it was behind games like Wipeout and G-Police.

I _do_ remember its subsidiaries Psyclapse and Reflections, however. That they all were part of the same group was easily recognizable by looking at the respective company logos. I vividly remember trying to create something similar for that group I was part of back in the day. Which reminds me, I can't quite remember the front-facing owl head as being part of the logo.

In any case, RIP Psygnosis!

6. AiA

AiA Minimodder

I always hoped for a GPolice 3
    Gpolice was my perfect game.
    and yet no game plays like Gpolice did on the PC since

7. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

TBH I'd never even heared of Studio Liverpool until know. I've known of Psygnosis for years but just assumed they'ed gone bust as I hadn't seen their logo on anything for so long.

8. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

I spent HOURS playing G-Police :)

9. Cavedweller

Cavedweller What's a Dremel?

How come nobody remembers RollCage?
    Speed and soundtrack that could rival WipEout?

I do... Played it to death. Though the soundtrack was alot better on the playstation, you could modify the PC multiplayer. My favorite was 99 laps of the bowl! That was quite intense.

WipEout was the reason I got a PSX, and I loved them all. 2097 is still the best for me, but Wip3out was a close runner up.

G-Police was a exelent game, but I only played the first one. The story was great and the missions had an exelent pace.

Destruction Derby 2 was right there among the best driving games on the PSX as well...

Weren't those the days... Damn I miss them.

But thier hayday was definitly on the PSX, so while it makes me sad, it makes sense. WipEout was never that strong on other platforms.

10. Beasteh

Beasteh What's a Dremel?

No more Studio Liverpool? :sigh:

...No more Wipeout?

[​IMG]

Might dig out the PS1 and play some Destruction Derby 2, Wipeout and G-Police in tribute. So many memories!

11. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

What a shame, I remember back int' old Amiga days, when you saw that logo come up on screen while the game was loading you KNEW you were in for a treat :)

12. Kacela

Kacela What's a Dremel?