1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Bloodshed today

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Dazbo666, 11 May 2003.

1. Dazbo666

Dazbo666 What's a Dremel?

Sliced my left thumb, and a grated the knuckles on my left hand today....
    That'll teach me for being too keen to get some free stuff?!?!

I had an old AppleMac given to me the other day... and even tho' it doesn't work, I decided it was worth stripping it down for some spare parts etc.... PSU, HDD, and case fans, you get the idea??

Anyway, I managed to make a thin but deep slice (similar to a razor cut) on my left thumb, which was cut by the pressed metal edge of the drive cage.
    Then when I was putting my goodies into a box ready for my next modding session, I also managed to grate my knuckles on the back of the motherboard where there were lots of soldered metal legs poking thru from where the components were sited.
    I know have two sets of three small lines across my knuckles and the back of my hand..... OOOUUUCCHH

Next time, I'll just go online and BUY a case fan!! LOL

2. Snitch

Snitch Supremodder

yeah back of motherboards can hurt u really bad.
    I had some old worthless computerstuff in a box and tried to reach a thing on the bottom of the box.
    The thing was under an old motherboard.
    OUCH!:eeek:

3. Fongalv

Fongalv What's a Dremel?

worst injury I had was when trying to wire a bare ccfl...bit*h was darn fragile and b4 I knew it, it snapped into half resulting in a short but darn deep cut in my thumb...

blood flowed like it was foc...took at least 1 hour for bleeding to stop completely...it was a few weeks b4 it healed fully...

4. Rain

Rain What's a Dremel?

We once had an engineer come to work to replace a motherboard in one of our servers. He had a little boil right on the joint of his thumb, whilst trying to dislodge the motherboard he put his hand underneath the mobo :rolleyes: no more boil on the thumb :idea: :blush: plenty of blood to boot... he had caught it on a solder joint under the board.

He was quite happy because he'd had the boil for ages :naughty:

5. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

blood sweat and tears:waah: all part of modding computers

6. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

"My ear hurts and my neck hurts. I have two owies" :)

Worst kind of injury like that was while try to stealth my DVD drive. I was modding the faceplate with my pen knife and kind of slipped and sliced the thumb that I was holding the faceplate with. Anyway you know when you burn or prick your finger and you start waving your hand in the air to stop it hurting...? Well that was my initial instinct and the result was lost of pretty specks of blood pretty much all around the room. :hehe: Had fun cleaning that off.

7. SugarBear

SugarBear What's a Dremel?

I was drilling into a piece of plexi with one of those little 3.5 bay covers under it, when the bit went through it caught an edge and ripped the piece out of my hand and spun it around, I didn't even notice anything was wrong untill I looked down after about half a minute or so.

when the plexi spun out of my hand it did so with enough force to split my thumb open, a big crack like if you bend a piece of wood too far, only the cut is razor smooth, ripped clear through to the muschle tissue, had to get four stitches for it.

I really only noticed because all the blood was so cold on my wrist and figers.

this happened on monday, it is now friday....space bar use is starting to suck.

8. xwerxes

xwerxes What's a Dremel?

about drilling. I have had my share of accidents about that. The most frightening was today. I have this aircooled peltier on an heatsink and another heatsink (my watertank about 2lb) and was supposed to drill a hole for pipes and guess what the hole thing started spinning around the drill. almost crapped my pants there thank god for safty precautions I made it without hurting myself but the tank got pretty much crached :( and the fan on top of it all lost its wires :( torn clean off the fan.:sigh: