1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Accelero hybrid = win

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lysaer, 4 Nov 2012.

1. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

Just fitted one of these to one of my EVGA 670sc 4gb to give it a test.

I change my hardware so often that the constant teardown of water loops coupled with always having to change mainly GPU blocks can get a little tedious.

So since I've had my 4 EVGA 670s I've left them with the air cooling on mainly because I've been so busy with work and I've been feeling lazy.

The EVGA air coolers aren't bad but when they ramp up they are pretty annoying, not that they are as loud as my hailea 2200 but they are an irritating pitch.

So anyways installed the accelero on one and I am incredibly impressed, it's pretty quiet, load temps max out at 48c with +79 to the core, 640 to memory and a voltage bump to 1175.

I'll install the other 3 and post some temps, need to work out how to cram all the rads into the tj11

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

2. mattyh1995

mattyh1995 Minimodder

I don't know what arrangements are possible, but 4 of them in one system is something that needs a pic uploading! Curious how you can fit 4 closed loop systems into one case...

3. Taniniver

Taniniver Minimodder

I've got two cooling my 570's, and their performance is superb. The fitting is a bit of a pain but probably still much easier than full water cooling.

4. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Interesting. But I'm guessing you may need to do a bit of modding to fit all 4 in that TJ11.

I know what you mean when it comes to stripping down a Water loop with multiple GPU's. It doesn't become fun once you do it a few times, starts to feel like a chore! :)

I miss my old RIG...I will wait to the next gen of CPU's and GPU's come out and build a new one.:)

5. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

I'm thinking 3 in the front drive bays and one on the rear exhaust fan

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

6. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

Pics will have to be posted!

7. imgregrice

imgregrice What's a Dremel?

I just ordered one of these and am tossing around the idea of ordering another for my second card. What are your results like so far?

8. Taniniver

Taniniver Minimodder

Here's my experience with them -

I had been hoping to fit the radiators in the roof of my case but sadly the need to use some adapter brackets (it only has 140mm mounting holes) and the combined height of the bracket, radiator and fan meant they wouldn't fit.

So I've got one in a front intake spot and the other as a rear exhaust - not an ideal arrangement by any means since one of them is putting hot air into the case, but there is good case airflow including a 200mm side intake fan. I've been considering reversing the fan actually and making it exhaust out of the front of the case, I'll post the results if I decide to try it.

The one using cool air from outside runs about 3-5 C cooler than the one using the warm case air. Both run in the mid to high 20's at idle (about 5-8 degrees above ambient room temp) and in the high 40's to low 50's under load. The fans remain inaudible over the general fan noise from my case, which is about 38 DB(a) from 1m distance.