1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Cdrom Cut

Discussion in 'Modding' started by taliban_raider, 17 May 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taliban_raider

taliban_raider Just some guy; you know

I have a pioeer slot load cdrom, I added rear lighting for the disc and leds to the front. but the leds shorted or sumthing and I witnesed the magic white smoke. So I had a replacement board and I replaced it and had the meatal top cover of the cd drive siting off. I was walking aroud my room ad i slipped and the side of my foot smashed stargt dow on the metal edge of the cover. It cut deep eoguh to waret stiches but I was to busy to get em so I had to replace 10 bandaids covering the wound every couple of hours.

2. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

Ouch....

:sigh:

3. taliban_raider

Yea mum mum didnt know and when i showed her she went nuts and when the doctors open tomrow I have to go get stiches.

4. Miku

Miku What's a Dremel?

That's gotta hurt :eeek:

5. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

Umm.... is this my fault?

6. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

"with great power comes great responsibility" :lol:

7. star882

star882 What's a Dremel?

I have gotten cut by a Pentium 3 fan(those fans are powerful).
    I have heard of a story where Katie Mcghee accidentally shorted Vcore to gnd through a ring, she got a third degree burn and the solder melted at the contact points.
    My friend Christina Mahoney touched the heatsink in a working PC PSU, she got a nasty RF burn.

8. taliban_raider

Dont wory Zap it is my own falut for keeping my room/work area in a mess. But i am not about to stop caus it is the best way I work for some reason diorder helps me work faster and happier and neater, make sence:confused:

9. CommanderMcBride

CommanderMcBride What's a Dremel?

Big deal, i had to have 250 stitches in the left side of my face a few years back......

Seriously, though, i've been cut pretty bad by that damned thin metal they use in computers, and it does cause a lot of trouble. It's the worst kind of injury, too, where it doesn't mean immeadiate hospital, etc, which can have some benifits (like sympathetic hot chicks), but does hurt like hell and screws up whatever youre doing...

10. taliban_raider

Yea

I feel so pathetic though when people see my injuries and sya wow wat did ya do fall off ya bike or something, and I am like "computer realted accident" :sigh: Me Lowere Head. Seriosly this happens alot to me. Sometime but very ralry injuries are from things other than computers.

11. Stugoal

Stugoal <font color="#FFFFFF"><b>Banned</b></font>

Happend...

I was at Masil5000's house and we traded some old stuff for a server. This was the server used in Project XP . We got into a little sword fight with a metel bar from the computer. I hit his hand with it as this was for play. So I thought... next thing I knew, he had a cut half way through his thumb! He put on 4 bandages and it bleed through, so he tried another 4, same ****! So he tried Sergen's Wrap. That worked, but we had to medical tape it so hard that he couldn't ever feel it! It had also turned purple! That was that, the scar still stands today.

Last edited: 25 May 2003
  12. Stugoal

Stugoal <font color="#FFFFFF"><b>Banned</b></font>

Knife...

Once I stabed my wrist with a knife...It happened like this: I had borrowed my dad's knife, I was using it to carve some stuff, and it slipped and put a 1/16" cut in my left wrist, I had blood dripping all the way down my arm... The scare still stands today. If you want any more stupit things that I have done, just post a reply on Cdrom Cut, in Disaster Mods...

13. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

hmm... cuts are pretty usual.. but once i accidently set my self on fire with gasoline... now THAT was scary.... :eeek:

Story: Me and a mate was playing around and tried to make a molotov coktail... used lots of chemicals... nor gasoline though... it did'nt work (for some reason.. ) so we desided to make a litte life on the road with gasoline... niiiice flame... but it soon died out so i pured on some more.. (didn't think) and there was still a little flame there.. and WOOOSH! Half of my face was on fire! luckily i use glases so my eyes was all fine... but i missed the eyebrows.. and had some serious burns in my face... but they barely show today..

I was lucky...

Moral: Don't play with gasoline, kids! :nono: :nono:

14. taliban_raider

Yea I have coped my fare share or burns. Being a pyro/chemist I have had my fare share of mis-haps. One time I had a home made roman candle explode in my face. Another time I was spraying petrol onto a fire and it went into the bottle and melted to my hand. Another time I made a molly but I throw like a girl so my mate was throwing it and I stood behind them we light it and through... but all the buring liquad exited the bottle caus the rag wasent in good enough and shot out in an arc in behind my mate into me and only the bottle went forword. It burned me prity bad.

15. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

:eyebrow: I like fire as much as the next guy, but you're insane :lol:

16. taliban_raider

Well I am only 16 so everytime we have a lan at my mates we all sneak out and blow crap up, whilst partaking in mind altering substances. All in the name of fun!

17. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

I'm 17 and generally do the same, just with slightly less exotic forms of fire production :)

18. taliban_raider

Lans much more than siting on your arse palying games and swapping pron for hours on end!

19. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

When i was working in a Factory i got loads of little cuts every day from lifting sheets of metal always at the top of my arms got loads of little scars they ****ing hurt can tell ya lol

20. Der Me!$ter

Der Me!$ter What's a Dremel?

I think the exact same way! Haven't had anything really bad happen in my disorder, yet I did once manage to step on the 18 pins of an IC with barefeet :worried: . Had 18 tiny holes in the bottom of my foot.... ouch!:waah:

Fortunately even Einstein agrees with such disorder "Few geniuses are organised, the organised are seldomly geniuses". (not really the best German - English translation I have ever done...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.