1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other When to buy? (Help!)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Elliot_O, 2 Dec 2012.

1. Elliot_O

Elliot_O SPARROW

This is probably a pretty stupid question to ask... But I was just wondering, when is the best time to buy my parts (First time buyer). I'm buying from scan.co.uk, and would like to know wether the price of parts rises on the lead up to Christmas, or falls.. And also, will it drop on Boxing Day?

Also, does anyone happen to know how much you have to spend on scan to get free delivery? Or if you can get it atall, it's just ~£4.19 seems a lot to add to each component.

Thanks in advance!
    Elliot.

2. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Scan free delivery info is here. You need to spend £20 excluding VAT to get it.

I've no idea about price rises/falls but make sure to shop around as most places offer free delivery nowadays, as well as possibly lower prices.

3. rollo

rollo Modder

Computer components rarely if ever ( cant say i ever remember ) falling after christmas.

In the OEM market prices on components are effected by distribution, floods, New parts replacing old parts.

None of which happens near christmas ( Floods might )

Prices go up and down on a week to week basis based on demand and the amount they have to sell.

Boxing day sales may affect full pcs like from pc world ect, but they will not affect places like scan. Scan does a daily sale deal and if your not in a rush you can pick up a few bits on the deals.

4. Elliot_O

Elliot_O SPARROW

@CrazyJoe
    Thanks man, I will be sure to use this link when it comes to the time of order!

@rollo
    Ahh I see, I may as well buy parts everyday from today's deals with the £20+ free delivery, save me around £20 on the whole build hehe. Thanks man!

5. sniperdude

sniperdude Minimodder

honestly if you wait you will never build