1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Illuminated speakers

Discussion in 'Modding' started by BasicBubbleHJK, 21 May 2003.

1. BasicBubbleHJK

BasicBubbleHJK What's a Dremel?

spent ages painting my speakers.
    While they were in pieces i think i know ill mod the satellites to have leds in, not seen that done before.
    I added stereo wires, extra plugs, leds, resistors, etc. to satellites and took power from active sub.
    Spent ages screwing it back together, turn them on...... smoke...... more smoke...... lots and lots of smoke.... turn speakers off....EVEN MORE smoke
    :eeek: finally got sub open again and two of the rectifier diodes had melted on the power supply, so i removed all the modded stuff and replaced the diodes with ones which i thought were the same, plugged it in and..... BANG BANG BANG
    loud bangs and flashes, speakers go in bin and i buy some 4.1 creative insipes instead

2. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

That's terrible dude, sorry to read about it.

Better luck next time.

3. Giggz

Giggz Minimodder

:( if u try this again i hope it works 4 u

4. carnut101

carnut101 Banned

thats why im gonna leave my klipsch promedia 5.1s alone (im spoiled, not rich :lol:)

Last edited: 22 May 2003
  5. Dazbo666

Dazbo666 What's a Dremel?

:eeek: I was thinking about doing a similar mod to my DTT2500 5.1 speakers.... dunno if I'll bother now?!