1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Onwards and upwards by Parvum Systems : Complete

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by imersa, 9 Mar 2013.

1. roundyz

roundyz What's a Dremel?

Will the smaller cables be braided too?

2. AverageNinja

AverageNinja Almost an EpicNinja

I love those cables. Great scheme!
    PEXON did an outstanding job on them.
    Great work!

3. wejjy

wejjy Minimodder

An absolute work of art, and an inspiration for me to get on and build my CNC router!! Have been watching this for a while, lurking you might say, but just had to come in and say something as I feel it is deserved. Your work is of such high quality and your love of the modding scene really shows through. Keep up the good stuff. I hope to build a Parvum one day!

4. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Thank you. Considering doing even nicer management and making some of the hidden areas more visible.

Your welcome! I saw it here first so won't take credit. Just glad to share the technique.

Thank you! Builds are so expensive :(. Moving towards an ITX case so this should be more affordable!

Cheers very much!

But of course my friend!

I hope he will see these kind words. Now to try and do as good a job on the rest of the cables ;D

Ah that will be great! It's incredible to see what can be done even with the smallest home made router! You will only be limited by bed size.. but one panel at a time no problem! Thanks for the kind words, means so much to us as enthusiastic modders. Hope to do many other great project logs here!

5. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

5th April Update - Rear chamber

Sponsors:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back again. Sorry for the lack of eye-candy; got to get the boring bits done to make the eye-candy better later ;D!

We start with a little drawing:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is one of the two sections that will make up the back chamber. To hide some cables and enclose the fan controller. Remember there will be a side panel still so some of the boring white will be covered. Tools 45', 1.5mm & 3mm:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finished:

[​IMG]

With both pieces fixed together:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The chamber installed into the back of the case, first use is to hide these molex and other junk in the top. We have actually had to ditch the custom res. We plan to make one in a different spot in the case. It was just to tight to run 4 tubes from the small reservoir AND 4 tubes to each pump. There is also talk of a GPU upgrade and perhaps introducing a rad box to compensate for the new gained power... but we will see!

[​IMG]

A helping hand to show you the fan controller in place:

[​IMG]

(The controller itself wont actually be seen, more fabrication to come)

Some more photos of the chamber installed:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a final shot; there is some crazy stuff hiding away in that top chamber!!!

[​IMG]

See you all soon!

6. Marquee

Marquee Mac Pro Modder

Beautiful

7. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Nice to see inside!

8. AverageNinja

AverageNinja Almost an EpicNinja

Dat Corsair logo!
    I like where this is going :D

9. HybridCore

HybridCore What's a Dremel?

I'm too distracted by that Filco Majestouch TKL. :p

I own one too and it's great!

10. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Thank you :D

I'll get a couple more next update. It's pretty wild up there! haha.

Why thank you!

It is a very nice board indeed!
    Have a photo of my pinky unicorn vom hhkb2 just because:
    [​IMG]

11. HybridCore

Very nice. I personally didn't like the feel of topre. As smooth as the travel is, I can feel the slight mushiness at the bottom if I ever happen to bottom out.

12. shrop

shrop El Jefe of Sleeving

Gimme dat Grey CC

13. Phame

Phame COOOOFFFFEEEEE

Such a smart build dude!!!!
    Quick question, what sort of speeds and feeds you use to run your CNC without coolant?
    It maybe because I run my CNC super quick that I need coolant, but I do like to get views from other machinists.

14. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Fair comment. I suppose its a odd one, I couldn't ever use a MX switch now. Nor could I go back to a different layout. Just stuck with for life now! haha.

Haha never! It's metallic grey at that ;)... anyway moving away from keyboards!

Thanks man. It's hard to say the exact feeds. We've learnt to gauge it by ear I suppose. We have it set in the program but always change it manually on the machine dependent on a few things. Like the room temperature etc. In a way we are lucky its so damn cold in our warehouse. We usually go with relativity high spindle speeds and somewhat slower feed. Again this changers depending on the tool we are using.
    Which CNC machine do you use?

15. Phame

Phame COOOOFFFFEEEEE

Arhhh I see, think I may have to play around with the feeds and speeds when I get some time, Im currently modelling up a custom res for a mate so could use that for a test!
    (Only joking Asouter)
    I have a Bridgeport GX1000B and have a mini mill, which is just a small version of it.

16. HybridCore

I feel though that if I decided to try Topre first, I might be fine with it as when I first typed on a few mechanical keyboards (this was in Japan at Akihabara in the keyboard store Sofmap/Cleverly), I reached for Cherry MX first, then topre (and then White Alps afterwards). I feel that Topre is the middle ground between full mechanical and rubber dome, or possibly a rubber dome on steroids (or just paired up with a spring in this case).

That could be wrong though since as a pianist I like a nice solid response from a keyboard (being a pianist), whether it be one I type on or one I perform music with.

Last edited: 6 Apr 2013
  17. roundyz

roundyz What's a Dremel?

nice.

18. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Yeah sadly that's how we learnt our current machine. We went from a Gerber CNC to our current one that was built for us. There never seems to be a solid rule to follow and everyone has different things to say. With a lot of learning, the correct cutters, temperatures and speeds you can get there without cooling. Though I suppose other people like to stick with coolant... tooling life etc must be effected by not using coolant.

Thanks!

19. shrop

shrop El Jefe of Sleeving

Cant wait to get my case :D

20. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

10th April Update - Tubing finished

Sponsors:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

!!UPDATES!!

Hey guys, managed to make some real good progress on the build last week. Been staying at the warehouse after work till around 9PM often so going well!

Not to much in this update but expect a fair few updates real soon. Filling the loop in the next update! Exciting....!

We had pretty much the hardest of the tubes to do. Always leave the hard parts till last ;)! The problem you find here is that you cant really use acrylic tubes in such a small place with the connectors you are limited to (without bending the tubing).

We had been determined to ONLY use acrylic tubing even though using a little bit of traditional tubing would have saved us so much stress.

Tricky connection no.1
    Resolved with 3 different angle connections to make it work! ALMOST horizontal connection:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tricky connection no.2
    We got around this by using a double angle connection on the RAM block & the top chamber:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a final shot to show you the complete connections to the hardware:

[​IMG]

A more exciting update next friends. Finally fill the dual loop!!

Goodnight, sleep tight!!