1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Water Cooled Desk

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by m4ttyc88, 14 Jan 2013.

1. m4ttyc88

m4ttyc88 What's a Dremel?

SavellM - Thanks mate wish I could continue with mine now but it will have to wait for a while.

Woody_294 - I know when I get it done I think will look brilliant, not seen many out there with that feature. (It is proving quite expensive to do though lol :eeek:)

Meelobee - The monitors will be mounted to a wooded case using VESA mounts. The wooden casing is lifted up and down by an electric actuator with a 500mm stroke and guided by some heavy duty linear rails.

Cabling wise the initial idea was to have the cable drop down the hole at the bottom of the wooden monitor casing and then piped round to the m/board. Since building it though I've realised I actually have quite a bit of spare space behind the casing so may put the cables through the back instead (As long as it doesn't affect the structural integrity of the casing.

I've actually built this and mounted it all but forgot to take some pictures, I'll take some next time I'm at the garage.

What size should the images be? I have them quite large on my own website and the images you see are simply linked from there. Don't Bit-Tech resize them anyway?

2. m4ttyc88

3. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

Well, bit tech does resize them, but only afther they are fully loaded (waiting time), so the page jumps around if you connection is not the absolute best.

On the other hand, I would like a link to your website, to have a look at the assembled thing. The drawings look promising :)

4. m4ttyc88

All the images are on here so far but feel free to visit www.d3skpc.com, There are no build logs as I use places like bit-tech for that :)