1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Skydrive

Discussion in 'Software' started by Yslen, 23 May 2013.

1. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Wondering if anyone else has run into similar problems.

Rock up at a cafe with my laptop, wanting to work on a document which is in my Skydrive (and has been uploaded from my desktop) but not yet on my laptop.

This is a <50kb text file, but after half an hour of waiting Skydrive is STILL "processing changes" and hasn't downloaded anything (no noticable network activity in Netbalancer).

Why the heck is it so slow? I've had this issue a few times now. I end up going to the web version and manually downloading the file, which takes a fraction of a second to actually pull down.

I'm using Skydrive because as I got 20Gb of storage from having a Hotmail account back in school, but it's so pigging slow I'm considering dividing my documents in two and using Dropbox and Google Drive...

Any thoughts?

2. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

Does it download at a normal speed at home?

Coffee shop doesn't need you to sign up for something or sign in before you have net access?

3. Yslen

Oh it does it wherever I am, it's just I notice it more when I'm sat waiting for it to sync.

The internet here is much quicker than my home internet is, and I have an account that automatically connects.

4. fdbh96

fdbh96 What's a Dremel?

Try putting your google drive folder in your skydrive folder. Thats my setup at the moment, as I also get a lot of skydrive data, but much prefer google drive. I also have my dropbox folder in my skydrive folder btw.

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I can't say I've had that issue..

50gb Skydrive storage, using about 25gb of it, processes changes pretty quickly on both desktop, laptop, Windows phone, and even the iPad app.

I've had a few "duh" moments with .exe's taking a while to appear, but I can't remember what I decided was the cause of that..

6. jaydeee

jaydeee What's a Dremel?

Does it also happen when you're on other network? I am thinking that it has something about your network.

7. Yslen

It might be an issue with my laptop, I'm going to test it on a few different networks and see if there's a significant difference in the time it takes to start syncing.

8. JazzXP

JazzXP Eh! Steve

I have that at work. Skydrive uses requests that aren't compatible with our proxy. I'm guessing it'd be a similar issue for you. One guy here said that installing IE10 actually fixed his issues too, may have been luck though.