1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Choosing a speaker system

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Virus44, 25 Jul 2013.

1. Virus44

Virus44 What's a Dremel?

Would any of you guys be able to recommend some kind of speaker system for not much more than £300 for use with my ps3,xbox 360 and pc any help would be greatly appreciated. :thumb:

Many thanks

2. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

If you went 2nd hand, the Kef Eggs 2005s are awesome for a 5.1 surround setup...

[​IMG]

I recently bought an extra two eggs as my amp is capable of 7.1 surround and I noticed complete set-ups going for between 2-300. The only downside to the setup is the sub draws a lot of power in standby mode but you can turn it off with its own dedicated power switch.

I have had mine now for just over five years without any issues. Get yourself some decent speaker wire and you are set!

Last edited: 25 Jul 2013
    Virus44 likes this.
  3. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

No better off getting a HiFi amp and speakers at that price. (if sound quality is important to you.)

http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/hi-fi-system-deals/pah01857

But if you must 5.1 then get the Logitech set, if you buying new. Decent sound and great logitech warranty policy. They just replace if it breaks within warranty period. Great service!

or

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/tannoy/tfx-5.1/tann-tfx5.1-blk

Virus44 likes this.
  4. eVoPhantom

eVoPhantom What's a Dremel?

There really is a lack of 5.1 (pc) speakers at the moment, as MSHunter said probably best going with an amp and building your own system with that budget.

I bought some Microlabs solo 6C recently to replace a 10 year old creative 5.1 system which had started to fail. Very happy with the 6Cs for the price. I would have gone the amp route but it was out of my budget really.

Virus44 likes this.
  5. Virus44

Virus44 What's a Dremel?

Not sure what to go for too much choice thanks for the help so far everyone :thumb:

6. asura

asura jack of all trades

If you're confident with a soldering iron, you could always make your own amp... there are plenty of DIY blue-prints out there...

Virus44 likes this.
  7. Virus44

Virus44 What's a Dremel?

8. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

I personally own the 6cs, they are very good with quite a good range. Not a massive range of adjustment or features on them but quite impressive sound quality for the price. The downfall for me is that I have quite sensitive hearing and these do have a low level hum, some people I know cannot hear it, but I can. The remote is a little annoying and you can only turn them off from behind. Small niggles, but they are very good otherwise. Some people I know with more expensive setups have been impressed. They do only have two inputs though, so bear that in mind.

Having said that, I would be kinda tempted by the Cambridge setup myself as it has the possibility of upgrading in the future.

Just FYI, the Micros are cheaper on Scan and forum members get free delivery.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/micr...att-65-subwoofer-and-1-tweeter-remote-control

Virus44 likes this.
  9. Virus44

Virus44 What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the reply i will go for the micros +rep for all :D