1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Terrain detail?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alienwaregtx, 18 Dec 2013.

1. alienwaregtx

alienwaregtx What's a Dremel?

Suddenyl my GPU has started showing terrain etc in green or flashing green across the map.
    I remember someone saying something about it being a memory issue but the card is 2 months old max grr.

Anyone had similar issue before?

2. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

What card and what games?

Is it all games? Tried a different driver etc?

3. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Used to often happen due to something dying/something overheating.

Have you checked temperatures etc? Also as mrbungle said, different drivers are always worth trying.

4. AlienwareAndy

AlienwareAndy What's a Dremel?

5. alienwaregtx

Its currently on BF4, been playing it four hours and hours without issue. Only started the last couple of days.

GTX690 4GB - watercooled so its running at 27 degrees full load. CPU running at 42 on full
    Have changed drivers to a newer version, made no difference. changed dvi cable to different slots no change. just baffling. Only happens on outside terrain too,m inside is just fine. bizarre

ofc if there is now something wrong with card im fooked cos i watercooled it and probably voided warranty...its not unplayable, just an epileptic fit on the eyes in places.

6. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

It is the latest patch in bf4 it causes problems with SLI and crossfire, so as you have a 690 its prob just that.

7. alienwaregtx

Ah ok. It has happened since the latest patch so I guess thats probably why then. Fkin great. Are they aware of this issue then?

8. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Oh if it's BF4 then I wouldn't worry, that's a game that's very much still in progress.

9. alienwaregtx

Yeah it appears terrain flickering etc is a massive issues with SLI as you said. great. just wait fr a new patch i guess.

10. alienwaregtx

Looks like 24/7 operation locker then lol. oh joy

11. AlienwareAndy

The recent patch has completely and utterly broken BF4 for me.

Which worked out well, 'cos it's forced me to play COD Ghosts and I've found Ghosts to be the far, far superior single player experience. Otherwise? I'd probably not played Ghosts for a while if at all.

Cheers DICE :D

12. alienwaregtx

likewise apart from op locker. clusterf**k here we go

13. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Not ideal and I'm not overly familiar with twin cards. But if you can disable sli, it should fix the issue. It's what I did with my sli setup. Obviously you lose some graphics oomph doing that.

14. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I found this issue yesterday when I tried to play Battlefield 4 with SLI turned on, and as soon as I turned SLI off the game ran fine, in fact the frame rate barely dropped when running a single card compared to running SLI.

Dice are apparently aware of the issue but let's see how long it takes them to fix it.

15. Zehetmayr

Zehetmayr Minimodder

Yep had green flicker issues from day 1 with BF4 using SLI (outside and inside!). Get my hopes up everytime a new driver or BF4 update comes along, only to go back to a single card all disappointed. Bah humbug. Going the non-SLI route when it is time to upgrade to avoid all the drama.

16. AlienwareAndy

This isn't an SLI fault though. It's a rushed to release game causing the problem.

This patch was actually released in order to fix SLI. What it has done? break Crossfire AND SLI. You can't blame Nvidia for that !

For me the game worked brilliantly from day one, with Crossfire AND SLI. Now? it's borked on both.

17. alienwaregtx

Im not blaming Nvidia at all. Thier GTXx 690 blows the crap out of most cards ive had and others have. The issue is DICE thay are to blame the fools. Likewise andy ive not had one issue since release at all until that patch

18. Zehetmayr

Zehetmayr Minimodder

Would be ironic if the latest patch solved all my issues, and started all yours. Will check tonight!

19. Zehetmayr

Zehetmayr Minimodder

Although SLI isn't to blame in this case, that doesn't change the fact that without SLI we wouldn't be experiencing these problems.

No change since the latest patch... it's a green mess.

20. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

SLI seems to have been fixed for me now.

Some people are complaining though of lower frame rates since this latest patch was released.

Will check what my fps are like later, as I was before this patch when running sli getting around 140fps to 200fps.