1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, please.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 6262, 22 Jun 2003.

1. 6262

6262 What's a Dremel?

right...

Whats a good spec for vidoe editing as im doing alot of it at the mo (college work).

As my pc seems to be slow and im thinking of upgrading in the summer anyway. So whats a good setup for doing graphic design and media?

.: 6262 :.

2. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

hmm...i guess it depends how serious you are about it...

a lot of people will say that its down to ram, cpu, mobo combination, which is always good to have right anyway, others will make their decisions quite heavily on the gfx card.

what is often forgotten is the hdd setup.

raid 0 or scsi if you can afford it imo, should be quite high on your list or you will loose out on that.

maybe 2 raptors in raid...:D

3. 6262

6262 What's a Dremel?

well im on a 2yr course at college (and hopefully) it will by my career. So i wanna get good at college. Check sig to see system spec

4. mushky

mushky gimme snails

this would be quite a good spec: AMD XP1600, MSI KT333 Raid, 512 Mb DDR333 Kingson Ram, Gainward XP650 64Mb, 2 X IBM Deskstar 60Gb on Raid 0, Full Chieftec Case.

seriously mate, are you finding it too slow at the moment?

the cheapest most obvious upgrade for you right now is more memory.

5. 6262

6262 What's a Dremel?

sure, i just wondered if the new p4 fsb800 or the new Barton amds would make much differance with rendering times, and making use of the dual channel thing. Also would you recommend dual monitors?