1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Asrock Z87E-ITX Faulty?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Alistair, 15 Mar 2014.

1. Alistair

Alistair Minimodder

Last night while I was using my media PC it suddenly & without warning powered off. I was unable to get the PC to boot. I noticed that the rear usb ports were still receiving power as my mobile phone was charging. So it would appear that my Silverstone Strider ST45SF-G 450W PSUwas OK.

I removed everything from the motherboard, case & rebuilt, still nothing. Tried individual sticks of RAM - nothing. Temperatures were OK, BIOS reported early 50oC for CPU temp when I built the system earlier in the week

My gut feeling is that the motherboard, which is only a matter of days old just died on me.

Any thoughts on this?

CPU is an i5 4400 84w Haswell
    2 x 4GB Samsung Green DDR3

2. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

double check the psu, just because you have 5v going through the usb, doesn't mean everything else is working ok.

3. Alistair

Alistair Minimodder

ok. I took the psu to work and tried the 24pin connection in an older pc. It powered up no problems.

4. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

ok, what sort of keyboard are you using ps2 or usb? I had an issue the other day where certain ps2 keyboards would prevent the machine from turning on, so if it is a ps2 keyboard, try without it.

5. Alistair

Alistair Minimodder

Its usb and wireless

I did try the motherboard in a 160W pico PSU setup on Friday night but that only has a 24 pin & 4 pin motherboard connectors - it wouldn't power on either. The cpu & board were bought from amazon. I RMAed the board yesterday & am getting a replacement tomorrow.

Hopefully it has been the board

Last edited: 16 Mar 2014
  6. Alistair

Alistair Minimodder

New Motherboard & everything up & running OK

7. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who