1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: HL2 UPDATED 6/22/03!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by RedLinE, 19 Jun 2003.

1. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I've remembered the word I was trying to call it; its an intrusion detection switch !!

I'll be removing mine too once I get my watercooling components to plug it all in with :)

2. RedLinE

RedLinE What's a Dremel?

More pics, finished up the sides and top. Working on lighting and wiring now. The last pic is showing the acrylic plate I made for the CCFL switches.

Comments welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Red

3. ZapWizard

ZapWizard Enter the Mod Matrix

Wow, that is looking very good. :thumb:

(Well besides the Intel sticker on the side, but I have my own reasons for that :D)

I love the custom window that matches the applique.

4. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

that looks really good! you gonna bring this to big LANs to show it off? Maybe win a competition?

you had some nice lookin fans in the front. they looked like UV ones, so now the grills and nice colors are hidden behind the front grill. or does some of the light seep out?

5. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

looking great! what's the four-button panel thing that's on the back for?

*i agree with zap about the intel sticker, but i don't get fired if i don't :D

*edit*
    oh, and you don't happen to have any before pics of the case do you? i'm just curious to see how far this case actually has come.....

6. RedLinE

RedLinE What's a Dremel?

Well, I aquired my digi cam after most of the cutouts and painting was done. I wasn't planning to do a work log on it, but I just started taking pictures. How could I resist? :D

The swicthes are for the UV CCFLS that will be going in shortly.

Red

*and about the front bezel. It is hinged, so the grills show when open. I thought...better cool grills than lamer grills..at least for the outside. :D

7. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

i think im kinda seeing it... could you put up a pic with the fan area open? I think I see a seam that looks like the fan area has its own door. if it is like that its a nice feature. you can open it up for better airflow when doing more intense things with the computer.

8. RedLinE

RedLinE What's a Dremel?

Your are correct! The bezel is two piece. The whole vented area is detachable, and conceals a filter behind it.

I'll take pics with it open, and removed here in a bit.

9. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

now THAT's one sexy case :D

10. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

case looking kool and bright "pass the sunglasses":cooldude:

11. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

:brrr: :brrr: :brrr: :brrr: *drools speechlessly...*

12. SugarBear

SugarBear What's a Dremel?

I use those exact same switches for my CCFLS, I get them from Wal Mart, cheapest place I can find them locally.

let me ask you a question though, I use those rockers because I can haxxor into the line from the on switch and move it up to the front of my case so I don't have to reach around every time I want to turn them on or off, what's your reason for having them if they are in the back right next to where the on off buttons would be any way?

you could of course be using a completely different kind of CCFL, which requires a switch or sommat, I dunno.

13. oomlout

oomlout What's a Dremel?

Looks great!

What did you use to line the edges of the blowhole fans? It looks like I might end up needing to do something similar.

14. Splynncryth

Splynncryth 0x665E3FF6,0x46CC,...

Gordon would be proud :)

15. RedLinE

RedLinE What's a Dremel?

My favorite comment so far! :D :D

I put the rockers there because I am utilizing almost all of the space on the front bezel. I thought about putting them behind the bezel in the frame, but decided I liked the back more.

The molding around the windoes and blow holes is c-channel molding. You should be able to find it locally at a hardware store. I used 1/8" thickness.

16. RedLinE

RedLinE What's a Dremel?

More piccies! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

oooooooohhhh......

that would OWN at night

18. RaptorLord

RaptorLord What's a Dremel?

very slick RedLine! The color is the best part of the thing! I'm not exactly one to choose "silver" for a car, nor would I if I were painting a case! Cheers on your painting skill, it looks like you've gotten an "automotive-quality finish" (I remember when that was an oxymoron...) - don't forget to wax it before fragging!

19. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

OMFG that is so l33t :rock: I am going to have to do something uber inspirational to get mine looking anywhere near as good as that or I will just end up a crying jelly like mass of human flesh :hehe:

20. MaximumShow

MaximumShow Minimodder

Very clean looking! I like your top windows a lot. Great job painting too, no runs or streaks that I can see. Excellent job!

My only concern is that HL2 may not use that colour scheme? But even if that happened I don't think it would matter.