1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project THINKTANK - Finished [High Res Photos] 18th April: Post #45

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by GamerIDGoesHere, 25 May 2013.

1. GamerIDGoesHere

GamerIDGoesHere www.^.com

Thank you! :D I'm taking a quick break during Christmas, but will be back in full swing next year (Maybe even just before New Year)!

2. GamerIDGoesHere

Back!

UPDATE!!!!! Finally.... :lol:

OK! So I am almost done with putting all the components in the new case.

CPU cleaned and ready for waterblock

[​IMG]

CPU and RAM blocks installed now :clap:

[​IMG]

Motherboard now put in the case with blocks on top

[​IMG]

1st GPU cleaned and ready for waterblock

[​IMG]

Old vs New comparison

[​IMG]

Done 2!

[​IMG]

And All 3 are blocked up and installed in the case

[​IMG]

That's all for today, I would have done this sooner, but I've been really busy and I want to make sure I get the watercooling right, so I've waited till I have the most amount of time available to do this.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 18 Apr 2014
  3. GamerIDGoesHere

UPDATE! And another one tomorrow and the day after that definitely :)

This is my 90 degree fitting which I am now using as a way to drain the loop if I need to as well as keep it going.

[​IMG]

First tubing has been done! :rock:

[​IMG]

Attaching my primary drive at the back of the case using super strong velcro for easy removability and minimal noise levels

[​IMG]

Here it is installed in the case

[​IMG]

And a final shot of everything on the motherboard

[​IMG]

That's it for today, but come back tomorrow as I will be finishing the tubing, fixing problems that shouldnt exist, and adding in the reservoir.

[​IMG]

4. GamerIDGoesHere

It works!

UPDATE!

So I finished up the tubing, and as you can see here I also added the reservoir

[​IMG]

More tubing down the bottom using the routing holes in the case

[​IMG]

The mess that is all of my extensions and things

[​IMG]

All the power supply cables I need that need to be plugged in to their respected places

[​IMG]

Now I sort of forgot to take photos after that and basically I put everything together and began filling it up, here is how it looks now, everything works, except that LED on the 3rd hydro copper :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: apart from that its all good :)

[​IMG]

I did a few benchmarks and things, and I got some decent results, the CPU is now clocked at 4.7Ghz and I'll overclock the GPU's later today.

Tomorrow I will post hi res photos of the finished build, and eventually I will buy green LEDs and replace all 3 of the hydrocopper LEDs so that they all work and match, but for now I'm just happy it works :clap::clap:

[​IMG]

5. GamerIDGoesHere

Fin!

So here is the finished project in all its high res glory. I've also decided to rename the project now that its finished.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So this is the final product, I'm quite happy, the only criticisms I have are: I would have liked to use straight tubing everywhere, but maybe that's a project for later. Oh and the GPU led's will have to be replaced at some point. Other than that, I think it turned out pretty fantastic. I may post benchmarks at some point if I bother to get round to it.

Till the next time
    - Dan

[​IMG]

6. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I think it looks pretty cool.

One criticism I have is the LED strip around the inside of the case; because of the full transparent side panel, you can see the entire strip; it doesn't look as clean in my opinion.

The rest looks nice though, well done.

7. GamerIDGoesHere

Thanks mate, yeah I noticed that as well, I couldn't really figure out any good way of hiding them though. Don't suppose you have any suggestions?

- Dan

8. Ocelot

Ocelot Minimodder

Well done man!

Maybe you could make a black acrylic rim around the window and hide the LED strip behind that.

9. GamerIDGoesHere

Yeah maybe, thats quite a good idea actually, maybe when I replace the LED's in the hydro coppers I'll do it then.

- Dan

Tags: