1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

That's come together really nicely! The silver metal flake paint is really unique too. That's one of - if not THE smallest DNA30 I've seen.

Nice! :thumb:

2. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

The small size has it's drawbacks tho, as it was really hard to assemble the thing, and the 18650 is only secured by attaching the cover, aswell as it being only connected directly too the wires with electrical tape. There simply wasn't any room to have a "real" battery-holder :p
    But aslong as it works, I'm very happy with it being that small. With my dripper it's an even smaller combo, which is allmost stealthy and makes people wonder, if I suck on my thumb and then wonder even more when I blow out a big cloud of vape after sucking on my thumb :lol:

3. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Just wondering if any DIY mixers would like to share their recipes and the atomiser they vape it on. I've found that my ratios vary from device to device and whilst I'm happy, it's always good to see what other people are doing. Here's my current favourite:

Device: Kayfun Lite +
    Coil build: 1.1-1.4ohm
    Wicking: Natural cotton

Eliquid Base: 72mg VG based
    Base ratio: 16%
    VG ratio: 34%
    PG ratio: 30%
    Flavour ratio: 20%
    Eliquid result: 11.5mg @ 50/50 PG/VG

Comments: Flavour isn't as good as higher PG content mixes but it's still there. Vapour production is excellent on the KFL+ and so is nic delivery. I may consider lowering the nic content as the KFL+ delivers nic very efficiently.

Anyone else care to share?

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I generally go for a 40/60 or 30/70 PG/VG ratio these days, and I've dropped my nicotine content right down to 6 or 7mg (depending on what's easier to measure! :p ). The flavour is a little less intense compared to mixes with higher PG content, but I find high PG mixes very harsh on the throat these days. I go sub-ohm quite a lot and anything higher than 8-10mg nicotine gives me some serious nicotine buzz!

5. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Yeah, I know what you mean. My 0.3ohm twin donut build in my dripper is too strong even with 6mg nic. My latest dripper batch is 3mg and I still get a little nic sick after nailing it for a while.

6. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

I'm all about flavour, so I'm mixing my liquids with a base of 75% PG and 25% VG. I'm not a cloudchaser or sub-Ohm vaper either and my liquids have 12mg nicotine.

The flavours I'm using now after testing a plethora of different ones basically all come from Inawera (Double Apple, Blueberry, Wild Strawberry and Raspberry) and I apply some "dirty base" to all of them using a little Halfzware aroma from GermanFlavours. As base I use PG and VG from Diamond Vape and then I add 5% Inawera fruit + 0.5% Halfzware. The blueberry, wild strawberrry and raspberry mixed together make a nice wild berries mix ;)

I'm using two atties, both with a 1 Ohm micro-coil and cotton-wicks. An eXpromizer for the day, using an eVic easy head (fixed regulated 3.3 Volts, resulting in ~10W) and my Taifun GT dripper on my DNA30 mod @ 15 Watts.

My Aspire Nautilus with it's 1.6 Ohm coils is now sittting on my Vamo V5 and I barely use it, but it looks nice :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: 18 Apr 2014
  7. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I think the Nautilus is a lovely looking tank system but I refuse to have another tank that requires spending out on coils. I know you can rebuild them with your own wire but they're fiddly and you're limited as to what you can build.

I'd rather have a proper rebuildable tank atomiser like the Kayfun or eXpromizer any day of the week.

8. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

When I bought the Nautilus I also got 20 coils for it (€2.20 a piece), of which I have used three so far. I thought they would need replacement alot more often, but these coils are actually quiet durable. I'm going through 30+ ml of liquid with a single coil actually, before they need to be replaced, and as I'm not using it that often, a coil lasts me for a month or so :p

Having two tank-systems allows me to use two different liquids without having to clean the tanks or change the wicks inbetween. That's what I'm using the dripper for, to play around with liquids. The tanks are for the "standard-liquids".

9. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I have to admit, that's pretty economic for a tank system but it's still taking the control out of your hands - BUT those tanks are ideal for vapers who want no hassle. Just fill up and go. Even RiP Tripper on YouTube swears by the Nautilus for his out-and-about vape :)

10. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

11. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

Sweet mod jrs -- that actually looks better than any of the mods I've seen. I actually think people would buy that if you fixed the battery holder issue and sold a few of them :) Question about the DNA30 chip -- I've heard that the PWM in them is a lot better than that in other cheaper mods. Do you find this noticeable?

What I don't quite get is how vaping @ 30W on a ~1 ohm coil is possible when charts such as this one suggest that your coils will explode.

I may have just ordered a Hana Modz clone and a VTC5 to put in it :) -- it would seem the batteries for this thing are just about impossible to source in the UK as well.

When my bank account recovers it looks like I'm in the market for a proper RDA... any recommendations chaps? I was thinking possibly dual coil deck?

Last edited: 19 Apr 2014
  12. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

There's loads out there dunc. You'll have to decide what style suits you first but IMO, the best currently out there are:

3D Dripper by Atmomixani (hybrid dripper with a cool tank system that you pump to prime the wick)
    Trident V2
    Omega
    Castle
    Crown

There are clones of all of the above available too, which doesn't really mean you're getting a lesser product these days, especially since a dripper is so simple. Beware the 3D Dripper clones though. They're prone to leaks whereas the real deal is well engineered.

All of the above are 22mm RDAs so will look nice one any 22mm mod or box mod.

digitaldunc likes this.
  13. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

The DNA30-pulse doesn't pulse, so you got a constant DC-current and it's very well noticable over my Vamo V5 which has a 33 Hz pulsemodulated current-output.

And vaping at 30 Watts with a 1 Ohm coil is actually no problem at all, but you can't take long hits by doing so, as the vapour gets really warm/hot and the throathit will be very harsh when using liquids with anything above 3mg nicotine.

As for the RBAs, adding to the list Sentinel started there...

Zenith V2, Origen V2, Helios, The Quasar, The Magma.

All these RBAs are ment to be used on mechanical mods with sub-ohm coils, resulting in 30 Watts aswell (0.5 Ohm @ 4V = 32 Watts for example).

14. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

The 3D dripper looks really cool but I suspect it would be a messy faff after a while, and the nemesis threading is a dealbreaker for me... I appreciate the appeal of mechanical stuff but I find the benefits of mods outweigh the downsides.

There's definitely a fetish element to all this stuff isn't there (mechs especially)? Some of the stuff seems more geared for bling and bragging rights than value or actual performance, especially when you see the price of some of the 1:1 clones. I know clones can be variable in quality but I'm reading some perform as well or better that their originals.

I'm pretty much settled on a Zenith V2 -- RiP trippers seems to highly rate it due to the delrin insulator but again, can't find it in stock in the UK for another few weeks... I'm keeping an eye on the retailer... bleh.

15. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 6 Jan 2018
  16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I've got to be honest, the flavour on my Nemesis RBA clone is far better than anything I've had before. That's sub-ohm (dual coils, 0.6 ohm total), sitting on a mech mod, and yeah it does chuck out a lot of vapour, but the flavour really is fantastic. It's a pain to fill and a faff to change the wicks every couple of days; it's a lot more effort than dropping in a new clearomiser head, but the flavour really is worth it.

17. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Londoners: I kinda need your help.

Are there any proper vape shops other than UK Ecig Store within one hour tube/bus ride from Hammersmith? Got a bit of time available on my "places to visit" list so why not visit another store.

Did find a few "stores" but they were either hilariously overpriced (V-Revolution) or just a kiosk that has half a shelf worth of cig-a-likes.

18. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Hey guys, after reading through all 16 pages of this I thought I'd stop by and join in.

My wife and I have recently started vaping as a means to help with dieting. We are both trying to lose weight but both have a serious sweet-tooth addiction so a fruit or other sweet flavoured vape has been pretty useful.

Neither of us smoke tobacco (or anything else) although my wife used to but since quitting she has become very sensitive to nicotine, even so far as to not being able to eat things like aubergine (same family as tobacco), so we are trying some 0% stuff at the moment.

So far we have been using some relatively cheap disposables and yeah, not bad but I think we could do a lot better so I have been looking at the Halo G6 kit or the Halo Triton as we want something that is minimal fuss and small.

I have no doubt that should I really get into it, I will move onto a larger MOD type with a re-buildable on top as I quite like the idea of tinkering around with coil building and the like (that'd be the electrical engineer in me...).

Anyone got a good source of 0% liquids that they can share? Most of the sites I have looked in seem to have them all lumped in with the rest.

19. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 6 Jan 2018
  20. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Cool, thanks for that.

For us it's been a case of "ok, what's for pudding?" puff puff, omnomnom, job done and put down until later.