1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics TitanZ review (leak)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Harlequin, 13 May 2014.

1. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

2. rollo

rollo Modder

When has a single Gpu ever been faster than 2 top end gpus ? As I said about the r295x you can buy 2-3 cards that will be a lot faster than this or the r295x both are a shocking waste of money.

I'd take 3 r290x over 1 r295x any day and that's the cost difference in the uk.

You can also get 2-3 780ti depending on deals avail.

Wonder how many r295x have been sold, only know 3-4 people who ever owned the Titan. I don't know anyone who has the r295x.

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Rollo speaks the truth.

Did the Titan Z always have a triple slot cooler?

4. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

its not a single gpu its a single CARD - and *for now* AMD epeen can happily say they have the fastest single pcie slot solution. 2 ,3 or 4 cards is not single pcie slot is it no matter how much cheaper - and you wont get more than 1 card in a HTPC will you.

no Pete is wa s2 1/2 slot - but it throttled so that beefed the cooler - yte its still on par with a GTX 780 (no ti) in sli only.

5. rollo

rollo Modder

Not sure I'd stick either card inside a htpc either in truth. Will the r295x cooler even fit in a htpc style case with most htpc builds going mini itx.

Still a waste of money anyway you look at it.

6. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

you can buy a factory water cooled titan for similar money ;)

7. rollo

rollo Modder

The land of the crazy and nuts for me and I'd guess the other 99%. What's happened to the Gpu market where either card is really in a place to sell.

8. megadriveguy

megadriveguy Minimodder

Well there releasing it

Nvidia is finally ready to officially launch the GTX Titan Z, with the monster card set to be available at retail and in pre-built systems in the next few days. Since the announcement nothing has changed about the card: it still costs $3,000, it still comes with 5,760 CUDA cores (2,880 per GPU) and a maximum clock speed of 876 MHz, and it still packs 12 GB (6 GB per GPU) of GDDR5 memory clocked at 7 Gbps.

9. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Nvidia must be smoking some strong stuff.

With the news coming out about Nvidia blocking AMD from being able to view the code of Watch Dogs so they can optimise there drivers for the game, and also any future games that use Nvidia Gameworks, meaning AMD will struggle to get drivers and performance improvements for the games sorted.

Source

Then there is the price of this card whilst being slower than two older cards which cost about a quarter of the cost of this card alone.

Well Done Nvidia on turning people away from your products!

10. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

R295X2 Fits in a 250D.. There was a guy who made a build with one. Google if you dont believe!

11. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

I still largely fail to see the point of dual gpu cards. Mostly they are too big to fit in itx builds, and most people aren't crazy enough to want 2x dual cards for a matx build. For atx it is highly ineffective cost wise as it has always been the case that you can buy 2x single gpu cards for less money and usually get better performance too. Unless you are making a renderfarm/gpgpu supercomuter... then maybe putting in 4+ of these to fill every pci-e slot available might be a good idea, but surely that is a very limited market base... but one with pockets deep enough as not to mind terribly.

12. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

IMO it's only done for bragging rights and e-peen waving.

I wouldn't put much faith in the Forbes article TBH, an ex Nvidia software engineer had this to say on twitter about it.

Last edited: 28 May 2014
  13. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

given watchdogs is optimized for consoles and the top 2 use AMD hardware - it really does scream of a BS article

14. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I'm at a loss because normally when you're talking about hardware like this your demographic is people like us... people who pay attention and are knowledgeable about computer hardware and look at benchmarks and whatnot.

So the assumption is that this product is for those people, but those people know that you can SLI some 780Tis for half the price, or get the 295X2 for half the price, etc... So they obviously won't waste money on the TitanZ.

So who is this card actually for?

15. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

At the price it has in retail it is clearly only for people who need it for CUDA and when they need 2 or 3 of them in one PC.

16. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

if I was going to spend that much on a gpu I would go for one of the profession applications GPU'S to speed up my video rendering times not this that's for sure, I am half asleep right now so please excuse me for forgetting the product name of the pro rendering gpu's

17. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

if people are buying this for CUDA then they will pay more for the support in QUADRO rather than a consumer card (IMO)

18. megadriveguy

megadriveguy Minimodder

19. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

20. rollo

rollo Modder

£2300 is not alot short of double my current pcs cost to build lol.