1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Corsair Hydro HG10 Bracket... Review?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SchizoFrog, 2 Jun 2014.

1. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

Hi people.

Just seen an article on Guru3D about Corsair's upcoming GPU bracket to allow any Hydro CPU to fit on a graphics card for simplified water cooling. I am quite intrigued by this and would very much like a Bit-Tech review if possible when it is available.

From the video linked below, one question I have is if there will also be an accompanying back plate or if other water cooling back plates will be suitable for use with the HG10?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZAgpN-4xOw

What do you guys think of potential benefits and pitfalls of using this system?

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Slightly off topic, that link led me to another for the Air 240 mATX case. Looks interesting.

3. SchizoFrog

4. David

It doesn't do it for me, I'm afraid.

Less space age and more space heater, in my opinion.

5. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

:hehe:

That's exactly what I thought when I saw it. It looks like a slightly over engineered fan heater, perhaps from an early 1960s low-budget sci-fi film.

6. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

There was an article about a similar product in this month's Custom PC (it might have been a kraken but can't remember right now)

Certainly did wonders for the temps

7. David

I have an Arctic Accelero Hybrid at home, which is basically an Antec Kuhler 620 with a fancy cowl and integrated fan. They are brilliant.

My 670 would peak at 78-80 degrees when air-cooled but the Hybrid would drop that peak temp to ~45 degrees. I've half a mind to fit it to my 680 and forget about my custom loop (again).

8. SchizoFrog

The main issue I guess is how this all works in a small ITX type case that may only have 2 fan mounts. Sure you can fit in the two AIO coolers but is the airflow enough to cool the ambient air inside the case and does that air seriously hinder the cooling of the second AIO?

9. krishan

krishan Minimodder