1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks is it possible?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Eyes in the Dark, 8 Jul 2003.

1. Eyes in the Dark

Eyes in the Dark What's a Dremel?

I have got my network up and running and I know it is possible to share an Internet connection, the only thing is I am running AOL.....cue many groans......but at least I don't get kicked off every 2 hours.....oh the wonder of freeserve....

....and hey BB is coming next month :D :D BT finally pulled their finger out :eeek:

So I am wondering if anyone knows how to share an AOL connection across a network if at all possible

2. Loz

Loz Blah Blah

Assuming AOL is the same as any other (and there's no dodgy software preventing this), you want ICS or Internet Connection Sharing. It comes with windows from 98SE and up I believe.
    The World of Windows Networking covers it in detail, the above link taking you to the page for 98SE. For other OS versions, either look up ICS in google or from the WOWN.com index (under ICS).

if you're on 98 First Edition, 95 or NT, you can always install a proxy server. The above link also mentions that.

3. ernie

ernie What's a Dremel?

back when i had aol (~4yrs ago) i thought that you can only sign on form one pc. remembered when i tried signing on once it said my sn was in use. anyway that was a long time ago and networking in a household is relatively common now, so things might change. i say, simply give them a call

4. Eyes in the Dark

Eyes in the Dark What's a Dremel?

well you know, I did something very rare for me, I sat down and actually read the FAQ/instructions and you know what I found.....as of yet AOL cannot be shared over a network, it is in the pipeline, but nothing as yet....

....so I learned a good lesson tonight, instead of just posting read things first sheesh *slaps my head:eeek:

Tags: