1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ~<(MoD-Urn)>~, 25 Jan 2002.

1. Is there any peticular mouse I should be investing in to improve my gameplay? I currently have a Microsoft Intellimouse.

2. BannedMojo

BannedMojo Banned

Well im still waiting on my Logitech dual optical mouse (2 optical sensors) - i ordered it got the wrong one, sent it back, and am awaitign it - its 2x 800dpi or somethnig - very accurate - very stylish :D

As for buttons i think it has 3 or 4 - comeon who needs 20 buttons on a mouse...

3. moose

moose What's a Dremel?

4. RTT

RTT #parp

noooooooo!!!!

yuck! horrible!!! (no offence to those who own one :))

much better off with what you have! wont cost you £80 and is just as good!

5. batsman

batsman the quiet one

is it just me or do you find scroll mice are a pain in games, as you don't have a nice chunky button to press in the middle.

6. bLiNdPyRo

bLiNdPyRo What's a Dremel?

I have a Razer Boomslang 2000 myself as well. The first time I used it, I couldn't believe the insane sensitivity! :eek:

7. moose

moose What's a Dremel?

I guess it depends what sorta games you play - I tend to just use two on my Intellimouse Explorer - even though the scroll wheel is clickable. I think that's down to force of habbit more than anything, I started out playing FPS (first person shooter) games while using a mouse which only sported two buttons - and so now when I've got five buttons, I'm still only using the two really :)

I know what you mean! I dont have one, but a few friends of mine do. The even more worrying part is that as you use the mouse more and more, you feel you can up the sensitivity more and more too! Pretty amazing for FPS stuff for the most part, unless of course something makes you jump out of your chair - then you've just managed to do a 720 degree turn in game :D
    To be honest, when I got my Intellimouse Explorer, which replaced some Logitech jobby, I thought its increased sensitivity was mad! Same sorta experience when I upgraded from a mousemat to a ratpad - felt like the damn mouse was slipping away from me! :D

8. Celt

Celt What's a Dremel?

I use an intellimouse explorer.

I got sick of cleaning the crap outa my ball mouse...

9. Medic6666

Medic6666 What's a Dremel?

I have a optical MS 5 button mouse which is USB and the difference is incredible.

Not only that but because of no ball it is lighter, which belive me does make a difference when you play CS for 5 hours...

Medic6666

10. BannedMojo

BannedMojo Banned

Scroll mice? Nah! Cant live without a scrolly... Scrolly button - Reload, MouseWheelUp - Next Weapon, MouseWheelDown - PrevWeapon, LeftMouse - fire, Rightmouse - Fire PotatoGun

Chances are you wont use your middle button much if you set it to reload - but if you set it to jump (!!!) then well you need a big button (especially if you got big huge chubbsome fingers...)

:cool:

11. Tim S

Tim S OG

The intellimouse explorer is a nice mouse, its just a shame about the extra buttons, cos I sometimes hit them, and I have one for exploring My Computer... so it minimizes the game (****ing annoying) and opens up a window with My Computer in it...

The rest of the mouse is cool tho, its fairly nice size for my hand, and its got no mouseball to keep cleaning :)

Maybe I should just change the function of the extra buttons :rolleyes:

12. Celt

Celt What's a Dremel?

I could not live without those side buttons - copy and paste - they have increased my productivity by about a million. No more fiddiling about pressing ctrl+c or ctrl+v.

13. Medic6666

I only use the 2 extra buttons when I am game playing.

When I am in windows its just as easy to win+E to explore.

How many people here open IE first before typing in the URL. When you can do it all from the Run box???

Back to the mouse....

What is the best surface to use a optical mouse on. I am using a piece of blue glass that I got. I roughed up the surface and slowly smoothed it down. I now have a piece of glass that feels smooth but looks rough if you know what I mean.

My Intellimouse run perfectly on it, but i'm always wondering if there is something else better.....

cheers

Medic6666

14. IsaacSibson

IsaacSibson Banned

My brother is a SERIOUS Q3 player (was in top 16 in uk at one point).

He's been through many many many mice, and many mousepads. These have included a Boomslang 2000, MS Opticals, Logitech wingman (not the FF), Everglide pads...

And he seems to have settled now. His mouse of choice is the Logitech Pilot (Ball version, not optical) USB, on a £4 fabric covered mousemat.

The boomslang is way too big and heavy for many things (I inherited it...nice for Photoshop though, because it's so sensitive). The opticals (even 800dpi logitechs (he borrowed mine), or 6kHz MS) can't keep track properly of flick movements.

15. The1

The1 What's a Dremel?

Im a serious Battlezone 2 player and i use a logitech cordless optical mouse, its amazingly accurate and the cordlessness means i can get a better arch and stuff hard to explain but it rocks

16. Mr T

Mr T 4 Left Into Long 3 Right

My good old Intellimouse does me

17. Celt

Celt What's a Dremel?

how does everyone hold their mouse? do you rest your wrist on the mat? or do you keep your hand fully on the mouse?

18. moose

moose What's a Dremel?

wrist on mat, or rather on the desk... with my wrist touching the edge of the rat pad

19. Medic6666

wrist on gel part of mouse pad and hand completly on the mouse.

I have 5 buttons and cannot reach them if my hand is not on the mouse properly.

:)

20. RTT

RTT #parp

wrist firmly on desk.

mouse held in such a way that i can move the cursor from the top of the screen to the bottom by moving my fingers only, and my wrist pivots to move the cursor from edge to edge - therefore my wrist doesnt need to slide across the piece of paper i use as a mat!

Tags: