1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Deep Silver acquires Homefront IP from Crytek

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 31 Jul 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Good to hear the guys from Crytek UK still have a job and can carry on working on Homefront: The Revolution.
    Did they lose many/any key staff during the Crytek "reorganising"

3. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Several staff left Crytek UK but I can't say if they were key staff or not. Many sources are reporting that all remaining staff have moved to a new Deep Silver studio in Nottingham. I suspect that the Crytek UK office was sold to Deep Silver too.

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I thought the new Deep Silver studio in Nottingham was the old Crytek UK studio in Nottingham.
    In other words, just the name above the door has changed.

5. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

That's what I think too. Crytek UK hasn't been sold but Koch/Deep Silver bought the building along with the contents (ie staff & equipment).

I really should take a walk down to see if the signs have changed, lol.

6. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

I think I'm one of the only people on earth who enjoyed homefront.

7. VaLkyR-Assassin

VaLkyR-Assassin Minimodder

I liked the game too! I thought it was about the same quality as any Call of Duty game, in terms of single player, with the added bonus of an unusual plot/story. It looked quite good too. The reason it didn't do to well was because people didn't stick around for the multiplayer, meaning the servers were left empty, and it lost whatever community it had pretty quickly.

8. hrp8600

hrp8600 What's a Dremel?

People didn't stick around because it was a very poor MP game, It was that buggy people couldn't play the MP game and stopped trying too very quickly.
    It was the worst game I bought that year.

Any one trying to make a Home Front 2 is on a road to the poor house as the first was so bad.
    Make the game by all means but if they want it to make money don't have "Home Front" any where near the title. It might have sold quite well, but every one I know who had it would have welcomed a refund and wouldn't buy an other Home Front game.