1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows The Crew (closed beta)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mr Happy, 23 Jul 2014.

1. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Cheers! :rock: +rep

2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

3. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

Thanks Mr. Happy.. I may be late getting into this game but I'll have fun anyway.. just got my new computer setup.. :)

4. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

You can only reach level 10 anyway, which can easily be done in the remaining time.

Take a drive over to the West coast, the trip over the mountains is pretty cool.

5. rollo

rollo Modder

Pretty much what I was doing the other night just driving around. Tested most of the starter cars if it launches as is the Nissan is the best of the starter cars enough all that pre order will have 4 better choices than it.

6. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Your not wrong.

Having not realised that the beta ended today, i decided to log on, set a way point and travel the 60 odd in game miles (40 mins) from Detroit to San Francisco... it was awesome :rock:

From nailing it down the valley from the mountains into the ski village, doing 200 mph down the Vegas strip, racing another player through Death Valley leaving them for dust at the earliest opportunity to get on the NOS, being chased by police and kicking up the dirt in the low lands on the way into San Fran :D

I can see myself getting this game and spending alot of time in freeride mode on its own. It feels much like Test Drive Unlimited in a way, a game that I sank alot of time into.

I dont know much about optimization, but the game didnt miss a beat, running at the (locked) 30 fps constantly on Ultra settings, although it didnt feel like 30fps - I have read that you can mess with some game files and unlock to 60fps (target for release I believe)

Last edited: 29 Aug 2014
  7. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Yeah, I think it does a really good job of being what TDU should have been, or atleast what TDU2 should have been. The roads are all smooth and there's no huge jagged edges on the switchbacks in the mountains. The cars all sound like cars (so far) and not vacuum cleaners.

I've had a little bit of glitching, but it's more than bearable, and surprisingly for a Beta, not a single crash, which has got to bode well for the final game.

I think I'll certainly be buying it.

8. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

For those who are interested, Ubisoft have just released an announcement that there's some "Golden License Plate" codes, which when used will give you bonuses in game when it's released.
    Codes could be in any media/advert etc for The Crew.
    So far 10 have been released, you can either look for them yourself, or they're pretty well documented on the net, :D

You can also add friends from Facebook to your "Crew" and get other rewards, if anyones interested let me know.