1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Blizzard drops Titan

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 24 Sep 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I have to say that I think this may well be good news. I'd rather see less better quality titles that have a flop damage the company's future.

3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Good riddance, the MMO market is over saturated anyway.

4. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

"Titan" seems to be the new buzz word for "big" these days, essentially replacing "epic". I'm getting kind of tired of it.

Anyway, one of the reasons I respect Blizzard as a company is they're pretty picky about what they consider good enough. It's a shame their judgement toward Diablo 3 wasn't more accurate.

If Blizzard wants to make a new MMO and get some attention, it should revolve around the Starcraft universe. If you really think about it, playing as Terrans or Protoss would likely end up being very similar to Destiny, and you could also play as Zerg where money and items may be less important but each time you level up you get significantly more powerful. Each race could have their own set of missions, and rather than creating clans you'd be more inclined to join pre-made factions. Basically, the game would play a lot like the RTS except you play as the infantry and fight based on your own agenda.

5. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

I would quite like a starcraft MMO to be honest. I havn't played WoW for several years now but would consider getting back into an MMO if it was starcraft related

6. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

WoW ruined the RTS series of warcraft, maybe we should think if we want our RTS series of starcraft ruined aswell. Also, i dont think its awesome to have an hydralisk having social interaction within a clan or something like that, walking around gathering stuff and interacting with characters (unless that interaction involves tearing peasants apart)

7. schmidtbag

I wouldn't say WoW ruined warcraft - Blizzard just spent way too much time on it and never bothered to make another warcraft RTS. If WoW lost popularity a long time ago, I'm sure we'd have seen a wacraft 4 by now.

Like I said though, each race would have a completely different set of missions. You obviously wouldn't see a hydralisk running around a town talking to civilian humans, that'd be stupid. But maybe there could be some sort of underground hive where you "talk" to other zergs and get missions from them, though I'm guessing the overmind would end up being your main source of objectives. Considering the terrans and protoss tend to have more hate toward the zerg than toward each other, I'm guessing most of what the zerg would be doing is conquering and defending rather than "oh no my children were stolen from me can you please help?"

8. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Even-more-grinding-and-pointless-fetch-quests in yet-another-fantasy-universe

Nah. I'm good, ty.

9. jimmyjj

jimmyjj Minimodder

I think heroes of the storm will be huge.

I have registered to get into the beta, but no luck so far.

10. blacko

blacko What's a Dremel?

Blizz would be better off working on a Starcraft FPS..... the kids will love it and throw loads of money at buying in game stuff.....

11. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Hydralisk dance moves. ;) Epic... errr... I mean titan-y! :)

12. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Not just the kids...

imagine it, a Starcraft FPS with proper PC support, full endorsement of the modding community and so on:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

13. rollo

rollo Modder

Starcraft FPS is worse idea than an mmo for it.

Blizzard should make Warcraft 4

14. blacko

blacko What's a Dremel?

I used to think that. Then i realised that in 10 or so years when WoW is finished the last thing i want to be playing is a crappy RTS which follows on from arguably one of the greatest games of all time.

The only way i personally think we will see the Warcraft universe returning after wow is if they make something which is truly ground breaking or Blizz are in trouble.

If they wanted to blizz could kill off Warcraft in the
    last expansion of WoW....

patch notes for release 10.2 - Huge space rock collides with Azeroth. All inhabitants die a firey death. Have fun playing something else, love Blizz. PS battlegrounds remain unbalanced .. for ever get over it.

15. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

Remember Blizzard is working on an action movie for warcraft... not based on the mmo but on the rts and they say its gonna be pure action!! I actually have high hopes for it

16. schmidtbag

I disagree, have you seen Natural Selection 2? That game is blatantly inspired by Starcraft and is pretty cool. I haven't really had much of a chance to play it due to technical issues.