1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Xenomorph

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Akira749, 16 Jul 2014.

1. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

That Alien plate over the Z97 chipset heatsink I love so much. As well the painted fans. Small but amazing mods.

2. Akira749

Akira749 What's a Dremel?

Thanks Hukkel! :thumb:

3. Akira749

During the course of the weekend I installed the blocks on the CPU, GPU and RAM. For the CPU, I did go "goofy" style on it for 3 reasons. First, the performances from ExtremeRigs tests weren't bad. Second, We don't see it done often. Third, It suits my tubing route better too!

I also "cleaned" the PE rads...once again those radiators are of the hook regarding the level of junk on the insides. I only had to do 2 runs of shaking dance and I even must admit that the second one on both radiators was a bit unnecessary since they were soooooooooo clean! I had to move the bucket of water coming from the flush into the light to make sure there was something in it.

I did almost all the sleeving that I need to do. Which was fans, fan splitter and pump. Speaking of pump, I installed the heatsink on it too. The only sleeving that still need to be done is the RGB LED strips and the power switch.

Here's the result in pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This week I will put almost everything in the case. I still need to take the bottom of the case apart to drill the holes for the pump. But that will be done once I decided the final placement of it.

Take care!!!

B NEGATIVE likes this.
  4. OrangeClockwerk

OrangeClockwerk Clockwerk Industries

Absolutely awesome!That MB turned out great! Learning the ways of the Hanoverfist with the air brush! =D Its an honor to help on this build, I saw parvum share this case a while back on facebook and I was wondering where it was going now the puzzle pieces are coming together! Im working on parts now I just wanted to drop by and say hi! I cant wait to see this complete, Im gonna get back to work so I dont hold you up on this masterpiece! :rock:

5. Akira749

Thanks my friend!!! :thumb:

6. Hanoverfist

Hanoverfist Minimodder

AH HA!! One of my Students showing off his Talents.. Your making me proud my friend!!

:clap:

7. Akira749

Thanks! You gave me some precious advices and I followed them :thumb:

8. Akira749

Hi Everyone!!!

Sorry for the lack of updates but the build was on pause while I was waiting for the postman to deliver the awesome custom parts made by Jim from Clockwerk Casemods for my reservoir!

During this time I had my loop figured out too.

Here's some quick pictures of the custom reservoir before painting the parts in black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Basically it's too replicate the Statis Tubes that we've seen in the movies.

[​IMG]

Tomorrow I will paint the parts and after that it's tube bending time!!!

Expect pictures update during the weekend! :thumb:

9. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

That's awesome!!! Such attention to detail.. Can't wait for more. Glad to see its progressing.

10. jojoharalds

jojoharalds Minimodder

11. OrangeClockwerk

That looks awesome Luc!! I cant wait to see it painted!!

12. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

What a cracking little build.

Not sold on the blue tray but the details are excellent.

13. Akira749

Thanks everyone! :D

BNeg, I understand that about the color tray but it looks different and I wanted to try it....will I go with a contrasted colored tray again...i don't know ;)

14. Akira749

Mini update...

Here's the reservoir all painted. It just need a few rod adjustments and I need to glue the top crown to the top ring...which i'm doing right now.

[​IMG]

Tonight I will take pictures of it in the case! You will also see a first idea of the inside lighting with the gorgeous Darkside LED strips!!

15. OrangeClockwerk

Awesome to see it finally come together! Great work!

16. Akira749

Thanks!! :thumb:

As promised, here are the pictures of the inside all settled except for the tubing of course.

The first shots are to show you the lighting idea I have. One LED strip is missing since it be powered through a fan header so it isn't lit up on those pictures. The missing strip will light up the upper section of the motherboard.

It's not easy to picture this since darkness is involved sorry. Basically, the main chamber has 2 Darkside LED strips and the PSU chamber has one. The side panel is on and you have to remember that the panel is tinted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are the completed interior! Everything finally fit!!!!!!!!!!! It's extremely tight!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tomorrow I will start and hopefully finish the loop. The bendings are basically single 90 degrees except for 2 tubes where one have 2 bends and the other 3 bends. If everything goes well I should be able to leak test everything on monday!

17. B NEGATIVE

B NEGATIVE All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

18. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Build looks great!

But as B-neg said, you really should stealth those LED strips. Would complete the look.

Edit: And if you do decide to go for those, the frosted would blend better with the rest of the build, but white will diffuse the light better. Your choice, just my 2 cents.

REdit-edit: Nice touch with the pumps there.

Last edited: 19 Oct 2014
  19. Cown

Cown Minimodder

20. Akira749

I hear you about the strips. For now, I can't find them unless I buy like 6 feets of it and it cost a bit of money at this length lollll. But I will find a place that sell them in shorter length soon....i hope. :D

Thanks! I would probably go with the frosted ones. :thumb:

Thanks! Since the reservoir is directly on the pump top, there's no way for me to put it in the bottom and this is why the light go from the top. As for the little creature, there will be one, just not a facehugger ;)