1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I never thought I'd "see" the day...

Discussion in 'General' started by acron^, 18 Jul 2003.

1. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

18 years of completely unhindered vision, then I wake up one day and I am short sighted. Glasses are on the way. God damn!

2. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

It's not so bad m8. The bad part is wondering how bad they'll get before they level off (I think mine have almost levelled off after 7 or 8 years). But eyesight is bound to get worse as you get older. Fact of life... :(

3. burnoutuk

burnoutuk What's a Dremel?

Mine did the same thing one day im fine the next im wearin glasses - They then started getting alot worse but now getting better :clap:

4. pho

pho What's a Dremel?

You became shortsighted over night?

5. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

sure u didnt just had too much too drink the night before ??

Sorry to hear that dude...
    I hope my eyes stay fine like they are now...

L

6. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

MY eyesight is getting worse, its a bugger really. I started to get double vision (most of the time after the pub) but some times just randomly, went to the opticians and they said I was slightly short sighted in one eye. I dont glasses as its only one eye, they said it would get worse or get better.

7. sik

sik Banned

Might sue LG for making this monitor ruin my eyesight...

:/

If only I lived in America.

8. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

hehehe...

tested when a senior in high school (17 yrs old): 20/30 vision
    tested last spring (34 yrs old): 20/30 vision

I'm still ahead of the curve :D

/me runs away and hides

9. Clockworks999

Clockworks999 What's a Dremel?

I had to get glasses for shortsightedness when I was 13 (wondered why I couldn't read the blackboard). 33 years later, the prescription hasn't changed.

Problem is, I now have trouble reading things that are close. When my arms aren't long enough to hold a book far enough away, I guess I will have to get reading glasses.

Just be grateful your eyesight isn't as bad as my ex-wife's. She couldn't find her way to the bathroom without her glasses. They looked like the bottoms of milkbottles. She wore contacts, but needed the glasses when she took them out at night.

Cheers

10. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

I had to get glasses at the age of like 12-13 or so, still have to wear them, just my perscription has changed to include something for distance as well...

Grumble, I just hope things don't get any worse as time goes on. I can still see without my glasses, just not very well. :(

11. BMCreider

BMCreider What's a Dremel?

I have better than 20/20 vision last time I got em checked....

Being a hax0r will do that...

;)

12. Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto xBurningMikex

I've only owned a single pair of glasses in the 2 years I've worn them. I have a new prescription, I just haven't bothered going to get the new ones, I didn't see the need. I don't feel like I need any new ones.

13. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

I've worn glasses ever since I can remember... and my right eye was/is lazy... as in it goes into the nose corner when it isn't focused... but i find that it centers when the left eye is focused... wierd or what...

14. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

I used to have thick lenses but for my last prescription i decided to splash out on thin, non reflective lenses and now i don't know how i lived without them!
    The glasses are actually much lighter; you'd be suprised how much lenses weigh.

15. -Rx-

-Rx- What's a Dremel?

Ive just done the same.... £200 on a pair o' specs!!

I wear contacts during the week though, much more convienient. Iam guessing as i get older, i will become more long sighted, thus counteracting my terrible short sightedness, so they will actualy get better! (i hope)

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yowser! I couldn't justify paying that much for a pair of glasses! I normally pay £10-£20 at the most! :)

Saying that however, I don't need my glasses all the time; one eye focuses slower than the other (and I'm slightly short sighted), so sometimes it's really bad and I need my glasses, and sometimes I don't need them at all...

17. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Spent about £230-£250 on my last pair. Thin and light lenses as well as some Timberland frames. Also had scracth resistant coating put of the lenses.

Yes my eyesight sucks

18. essjaytee

essjaytee emtarkanderundergunderson

20/30 vision isn't good.... That's worse than average
    ( http://www.bgsm.edu/eye/cornea/2020.htm )

Mine is bad, the optometrist's equipment maxes out at 20/200 and I couldn't even read that. So, I can't see ****.

19. Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto xBurningMikex

that's def not a good thing. My prescription is VERY weak. My mom wants to go get the new glasses today. I might.

20. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Never worn glasses. Last had an eye check about 8 years ago, but I can still read really close, and really far away, so I'm fine. :p

Mate of mine at uni is really really shortsighted, and when he got mugged, the guys nicked his glasses (harsh) and he couldn't see jack. His mate had to hold his hand, get him home. Then the next day, walk him into town so he could get to the opticians and get some new glasses.

Didn't Tiger Woods have laser surgery recently to get 40/40 vision?