1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Overclocking Store?

Discussion in 'General' started by jimmy the fish, 24 Jul 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samcat

samcat What's a Dremel?

How can you be so sure?

Fingers crossed.
    Sam C

2. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

Man that's dissapointing news to read first thing in the morning!

Really sucks it was a good store with good customer service, any possibilities of them being bought out by someone else or something? It would be a great shame if they dissapear forever :(

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Phat can u just close this till we know something concrete.

Cheers.

4. Arien

Arien What's a Dremel?

jeez, i just checked the forums to see they were offline and though.. "Oh just some technical dificulties".. now i see this :(

5. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

I think that's a good idea...

If you have outstanding orders with OCS please contact them directly.

6. samcat

samcat What's a Dremel?

Have tried...
    Email : No reply.
    Phones : Off the hook/unplugged.

:eeek:

But I agree, no rushing to conclusions yet...

Cya,
    Sam C

7. quack

quack Minimodder

Oh bloody hell... no wonder my screwed up order hasn't been sorted out yet! I'll have to check my bank statements to see if I was given a refund or not in the end. GRRR!!!!

Apart from that... shame to see them go, they had always been good to me.

edit: It should only be about £20 or something, so I guess I'll just have to lose the money. No biggy.

Last edited: 24 Jul 2003
  8. Pha3dr0n

Pha3dr0n Where's my Valium?

Erm - can anybody post a contact number ???

9. samcat

samcat What's a Dremel?

#0114 263 4100

orders@theoverclockingstore.co.uk.

Tried both, no luck on either :(

Cya,
    Sam C

10. Ice Kay

Ice Kay The Chosen One

If you currently have or have had an order with OCS and it is less than 6 months old you should contact your Credit card company and inform them that the company has gone bust.

Obviously this is only relevant for unresolved orders (you should get a refund from the CC company) or for stuff that needs warranty work / RMA.

Anyway if you have any issues contact your CC company you should have some protection against this sort of event

11. RTT

RTT #parp

Closed until futher notice :sigh:

12. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

Just thought I'd get this in.
    It is clear that a lot of people with outstanding orders will be stressed, Ice Kay has posted advice above and I suggest you follow it.

You may feel disheartened, but think how the owners feel? The last thing they want to be seeing on other forums is

"XXXXXX is bust and it's all XXXXX's fault because XXXXXX did all the work and without them its rubbish"

Such posts open up possible legal battles regarding slander & libel etc. Bare this in mind when you visit another forum. Once it is concrete about the reason for the cease of trading it is at OCS discrecion wether or not they release the information.

I say this from experience, my fathers business went through a bad patch about 15 years ago and we had to sell our house. Rumours started around town, one been that one of the local "7" (the mini maffia) had bailed us out. To this day it still pops up, and what gets on my nerves is the fact that the "Bailer" will never deny that he bailed us, or if he is part of the busines when asked... something which I will personally put strait if anyone ever asks me again.

Also, rumour has it we've been bankrupt twice.... strange how the area's biggest plumbing and heating business has been bankrupt twice, but still trades under the same name and owners since it started. Slander is a bad, bad thing.... and nowardays it's easy to fall back on one of those things America gave us...

I'LL SUE YOU.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.