1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress TUF the Zebra

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Zarrex, 11 Feb 2015.

1. Zarrex

Zarrex What's a Dremel?

Hi All, :D

[​IMG]

This is my first scratch build, I've been building my own computers since before the original Geforce GPU was out, now that was a long time ago, 18-ish years I would guess.
    Other than the odd case mod and custom cooling to make a bought case look nice or be better the following is my first case as a scratch build.

1st thing I would like to say, I'm not in the same league of the fanstastic mod builder on this forum and I welcome your support and guidance for what I could have done differently.

Why this scratch build, a challenge and a promise with my daugther to replace an old laptop with a computer to play the likes of Sims 4 and Serious Sam. Having thought about a desk build for many years this just seemed like the right time.

The concept was simple, move the computer off the desk, creating more room and why not put it in a desk draw. Using SketchUp for the initial design the cheap Ikea desk looked fit-for-purpose.

[​IMG]

My daugther set the criteria that as the computer was replacing the draw, it would have to be a draw itself.

Moving the original draw down and installing standard kitchen runners (that can support 50kg) was the easy bit.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 11 Feb 2015
  2. Zarrex

Zarrex What's a Dremel?

3. Zoyadog

Zoyadog What's a Dremel?

I think you should press, "View original" on the picture in dropbox and then copy the adress.

[​IMG]

v

[​IMG]

Good luck :thumb:

Last edited: 12 Feb 2015