1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Video editing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CrazyPanda, 28 Mar 2015.

1. CrazyPanda

CrazyPanda What's a Dremel?

Hello , i'm new to the forum and id like to say that i saw so meny beautiful moddings and cases and i'm like wasting 3-4 hours a day just wondering :)), ok so bag to the helping part.

I was wondering if you cguys could help me build a computer for video editing for around 380$
    I mainly do lightroom/photoshop/illustrator and adobe premiere .

I was thinking of an Apu A8 7600 could you guys help me up with a list on partpicker or some site. I live in europe.

2. Austin

Austin Minimodder

:confused: I'm not up to date with the current specifics of lightroom/photoshop/illustrator but here are my thoughts as rough guide until someone more knowledgeable comes along to assist.

:D I'd suggest you want the fastest CPU you can afford with at least 4 cores, fast HDs and plenty of RAM. For storage an SSD is a must for OS and your current project(s) with a large mechanical HD for main storage. If you can stretch to a 2nd SSD (even if small capacity) it would be very useful for the Photoshop Scratch and Lightroom Catalogue. I wouldn't worry about RAID. For the RAM I'd go for capacity over speed; certainly go for 16GB minimum if you can and only look at the faster rated stuff if you have headroom in your budget. I believe many processes can be accelerated via the GPU so you'll want to look into this as it could make a big difference but I'm not sure of the actual specifics although I would imagine any modern GPU would at least suffice.

:thumb: If your budget is limiting then you could go for 8GB RAM, a single SSD and a lower-end / second-hand GPU with the intention of upgrading these in the future.