Modding Window Kit Help

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Mayze, 31 Jan 2002.

1. Mayze

Mayze PH34R my ROBO Squirrel!

i was just wondering if anybody knows where i can get the square window kit cheaper then $14.99, seen at pcmods.com here .

Yes, I'm cheap ;) but i dont want to have a do it yourself window, i want an actual kit.

I can't get rid of this feeling that I HAVE TO MOD SOMETHING. Maybe ill take a crack at modding my toaster...

I wouldn't mind seeing my bread actually toast from a different angle with the help of a home made toaster window kit. j/k but it would be pretty cool. but anyways, any tips where i can find a window kit cheaper than pcmods.com?

2. BlackFlux

BlackFlux What's a Dremel?

I'm not sure you will be able to find a kit that is cheaper that 15 buckets. I'm looking to get a window kit myself and that seems to be the cheapest that I could find.

3. brutal

brutal What's a Dremel?

you can get the lexan or plexi pretty cheap from home depot if you dont need the moulding. if you need the moulding it will cost you at least $15

4. Bionic_Tuna

Bionic_Tuna What's a Dremel?

yeah, try home depot, you can get a regular plexi window for under 10 bucks easy.

5. Mayze

I think I'll just get the kit from pcmods.com :p It comes with the template and everything.

Since im a newbie, i wanna do everything with kits n stuff to start out, then ill get into the custom stuff once i get good at it.

6. Clye-Joe

Clye-Joe What's a Dremel?

Can I recomend Glass for modding the toaster. I have to think plexi might not take the heat, :D ;) :D

Let us know if you end up finding a cheaper window kit that that. I am in the same boat...gotta grab a nibbler first~!!!

7. UnLoadeD

UnLoadeD What's a Dremel?

Heres one for $12.50
    http://www.bestbyte.net/Category.cfm?CategoryID=28&Keyword=

The strange thing is, Pricewatch list these guys and areacomputers.net as having $10 window kits. If you call em both they wwill prolly honor the prices posted on pricewatch. If ya have trouble finding them on pricewatch look under Cases and it has a listing for windows.

peace.
    UnLoadeD

PS: I've bought stuff from bestbyte before, no probs and quick delivery.

8. sygyzy

sygyzy What's a Dremel?

Go to Home Depot like others have said. They just have hunks of plastic (i think plexi) and you can buy it cheap. I bought a pretty large sheet (3x3?) for like $4.50. The only problem I had was finidng the rubber gasket material so I just bought that from caseetc or pcmods. I found a Xerox Window Transparency which I printed out a biohazard sign and my name on and stuck it on the inside. Also the plexi at Home Depot that I got was like 1/4" thick. I don't know what kind of windows most people have but I suspect their's is the cheap flimsy plastic that you can hold and wave and it bends. I mention the thickness because it's a b!tch to cut.

9. Mayze

ahhh crap.....The window kit i want is on back order:( looks like ill go with pcmods.com unless somebody or i find it cheaper.

10. Tim S

Tim S OG

what's $2.50 anyway... Ive just spent well over £400 on a case modding project! ;)

Its an expensive game once you get serious about it! :D

11. Clye-Joe

Hummm expensive? Sounds like my other hobbies, Guns and paintball.. :)

12. sygyzy

sygyzy What's a Dremel?

Paintball!?!? Did someone say paintball!?!?

www.pbase.com/sygyzy

Click on Paintball. Yummy, my gear! Getting more soon! Tell me about yours!

13. Clye-Joe

Well gear wise I am limited. I have sunk alot into it in the past. Back to basics now..skill alone. ;) right...

I have a reg 200ball hopper, Tippman 68 Carbine with xpansion chamber, bottomline, gas-thru stock, quick disconnect valve, coiled hose, 6+1 pack, Brass eagle tie fighter looking helmet goggles..:cool:
    Forgot to add the 16" Smart Parts All-American spiral ported barrel..sweet...awesome long shots...

Last edited: 1 Feb 2002