1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming PES 2016 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 24 Sep 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I have always preferred FIFA to PES (although I am still back on FIFA 11) as the game has always seemed more intuitive and I just can't stand the 'fake' names they use although I know this can be 'fixed' with mods. I am looking to buy the new FIFA on PC as I believe it includes actual realistic stadiums for each club and foe me it would be a nice touch to immortalise and memorialise the Boleyn ground at Upton Park for West Ham.

This iteration of PES looks awful in terms of graphics and the negative point mentioned just doesn't do it justice for how plastic everything looks.

I know you like to mix up reviews as well but as there are 2 clear rivals for the title of top football game, I think FIFA 16 should also get a review soon to compare the two.

P.S. Song is a midfielder, not a defender. He may hold a defensive midfield position but you will never ever see him in the back 4.

3. rollo

rollo Modder

Best way to get either game is cheaply. The difference from version to version gets smaller every year. Think I paid under £15 for fifa15 I played it for less than 10 hours and that's despite been a avid fan. Same with pes 2015 got it on sale played it very little.

To much of the main game feels like it's ultimate team or nothing or my team in pes. Both force a lot of real money investment to get the best out off.

4. Apexgun

Apexgun What's a Dremel?

A mention to the horrible PC port would of been nice to warnd anyone thinking of a PC purchase, Comparison VID - https://youtu.be/7HK9dDfJM6o

5. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

Song is basically the lynchpin of my entire defence. He's my sole defending midfielder (I've bought Mario Götze to serve as an attacking midfielder - very happy with my purchase.) and I really can't overstate how useful Song has been holding the defence together. I actually think the graphics are pretty great in motion. It's only when you look too closely that things start to look a little dodgy.

I've always steered clear of PES for the fake names, but thought I'd give this one a play as I enjoyed PES 2015/Fifa 2015 and fancied a crack at this years odds.

Apex - I'm only reviewing the PS4 version, I can't talk with any authority about problems the PC port may have had because I've not played it (and if I'm honest your post was the first I'd heard about them, but I am at EGX this week so i've not been too sharp.)

Hoping for a Fifa 2016 review, but there's only so many of us so we try to review as many different types of games as possible - this is our first football review in a few years.

6. SchizoFrog

I understand this completely as I mentioned in my original post but it is a 'special' case I believe as there are usually a multitude of games competing but when it comes to this level of football game, there are only two rivals (PES and FIFA) and it would be nice to get a direct comparison by the same reviewer and on the same format for consistency.

7. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

Definitely will take it on board. I've reached out to EA to request a copy of Fifa 2016 and will try to sort a review out next month (I'm off to New York for a couple of weeks soon, hence the delay.)

8. SchizoFrog

No worries about a delay Jake, I am in no rush. :)
    I very much appreciate the efforts and also the understanding of the situation and my opinion.

Knowledge is gained from listening... Understanding is gained from discussion. At least, that is how I see it.

9. EurozoneEconomy

EurozoneEconomy What's a Dremel?

What a load of nonsense. The graphics and general player likenesses in FIFA this year are much worse than the FOX Engine powered PES 2016 which looks great. The general consensus this year is also that PES is the better game, so take your FIFA eulogizing elsewhere please.

10. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Bit late to this party, but your use of 'horrible' and 'warnd' seem disproportionate to the differences seen in that video. Sure, the lighting is different, but which is better/worse is pretty subjective. The crowd seemed a bit more simplistic on PC, but that still shot of the foot trapping the ball, the grass is clearly better on PC than PS4.

There's barely any difference. Why do people insist on trying to paint minutely minor differences between formats as major chasms? Doesn't do anyone any favours. I'd be just as happy with PES 2016 on PC or PS4.

That said, I don't think I'm interested. Even now, the PES animations lack fluidity, it's like you can see the button presses. Everything feels more forced and laboured in PES than it does in FIFA, which has had more satisfying fluidity for years (don't know about the latest versions admittedly, FIFA 13 on Wii U is the last one I've spent any time on).

And still, year after year they do it with PES - why do shots on goal always look so lame - just a complete lack of panache in the animation.

11. jjj90

jjj90 What's a Dremel?

I've heard it all many many many times, but there are barely any football games that stand up to the NBA, MLB, NHL or even Madden games, I mean FIFA is meant to be brilliant but to me it's like playing in mud, it's impossible to run at the defense and frankly it's boring, every match is like a grind and when it comes to PES the press sway wildly from loving it to hating it when in reality there's hardly any difference year on year; I mean i'll buy this, but do I trust the opinion of any critic when it comes to football games? Not at all.

12. techmonster

techmonster What's a Dremel?

I totally agree with you, PES is less realistic than FIFA. The players in PES have that robotic movments,there is no real human physical sign in them. On the other side ,in my opinion the games quality doesn't always depends on the graphics, there are a lot of amazing games with low graphics. Therefore increasing PES's graphics does not mean its being better than FIFA.
    And about Song, Song is a central defender which means he can also play as a defender. So i think it is possible to play as defender.

Tags: Add Tags