1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 Xtreme Gaming Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 2 Dec 2015.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

Sorry, but you didn't put at GTX 750ti in the mix? I know it's not a currently available card but, since I have one, it would have been interesting to see how they compare...

3. BLAMM0

BLAMM0 What's a Dremel?

Looks strange, my GTX960 OC edition only needs 6 pins of power, this one has 8. Whats the TDP?

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Some company's just use 8pin for safety. The card draws similar power to your card due to the overclock.

Seems very expensive for what performance is on offer. Nvidia 970 is £80 more in places but doubles or triples this cards performance. Just not sure why you would not save 2 more months and buy the much faster card.

5. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

I'd second this. I got a 750 Ti a while back after seeing it was double the performance and barely over half the power consumption of the 550 Ti I had at the time. I didn't expect there to be a 950 released, but now I'm curious as to how they compare. They can't be compared on AnandTech's Bench, either.

Nice to see it compared to the rest of the current generation, but seeing it compared against what it's likely to replace (eg, 750/750 Ti) would be more relevant that seeing how it stacks up against a 980, imo.

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

It goes without saying that they can't test every card on the market to cater to every readers whim.

Comments like this make my brain hurt.

7. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

I'd be interested to see it, but if there are any games that're the same between the two reviews.. Then you can loosely compare them that way (obviously drivers will be different etc,but you can see what sort of improvements you may get)

Tags: Add Tags