1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HTPC HTPC case for two 280X and Maximus IV Gen3

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mark_Skeldon, 3 Jan 2016.

1. Mark_Skeldon

Mark_Skeldon What's a Dremel?

Hi folks,

I've been out of the consumer hardware loop for the last 12 months, and as such could use a pointer.

I'm racking my AV gear as part of my home theatre build, and I'd like to get a better case for my HTPC. I'm limited to something no wider than 19" (so it can be racked).

The case would need to house.
    • 2x Windforce 280X
    • Asus Maximus IV Gen 3
    • 1x SSD
    • EVGA 1300 G2

I've got a really tall HSF on the CPU (Be quiet dark rock advanced) which I'm not bothered about swapping to a single/double rad all in one or a low profile HSF.

Has anyone got any ideas of good quality HTPC cases that they know twin full sized cards will fit in? I've been looking at the GD09 as the only viable at the moment.

On the flip side, which single card would give me the same (or slightly better) performance than the 2x 280X?

I'm driving a 55" 1080 panel, so hi res isn't a concern. Just high FPS and it MUST be able to bitstream HD audio.

Would appreciate the advice. It's been a while since I've posted here, but I know you guys won't let me down :)

If anyone is interested, I'll be doing a rack thread once I've sorted the case. It's comprising of:

• Xbox one
    • Xbox 360
    • PS3
    • Onkyo bluray player
    • Onkyo AV amp
    • Mac Mini
    • Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive
    • Cisco 48 port PoE switch
    • HTPC
    • APC UPS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: 3 Jan 2016