1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Recommend a Tablet Battery Supplier

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Big Elf, 6 Jan 2016.

1. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I need to replace the battery in a Samsung Galaxy Tab S. There's loads of suppliers out there and it's difficult to identify those (apart from the self proclaimed ones) who sell the genuine battery.

Can anyone recommend a particular supplier please?

2. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

It would be helpful if you post the model number of the tablet. A friend of mine runs a repair shop and it would make it much easier for him to check with his suppliers if they stock the particular battery you need.

Sent from Bittech Android app

3. Big Elf

Thanks, It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 4G SM-T705 with a 4900mAh battery. The same battery is also used in the SM-T700 WiFi model.

4. Big Elf

Still looking, battery life is down to less than 3 hours now.

Last edited: 22 Jan 2016
  5. Big Elf

I've come to the conclusion there's a lot of lying b****** in the replacement battery business. For a start, those sellers who claim the batteries are new are for the most part deliberately lying.

Every battery I've bought so far apart from the one sold by Newpower99 Europe (which I'll come to later) have actually been pulled from supposedly new tablets that have been broken for spares. Not one has had the full battery capacity you'd expect from a supposedly new battery although one came close by having roughly 90% capacity. Most have had only 70-80% of the full capacity. Most have been returned for a refund.

Before I bought the battery from Newpower99 I actually contacted them to confirm that as the only new non-Samsung battery for my Tablet available it was in fact the full 4900mAh capacity. They stated that it was so I bought one. This battery was a fair bit smaller than the OEM battery, had no charge when supplied and when fully charged had a capacity of just over 3500mAh, this also was returned for a refund.

The only honest supplier I've found sold the battery as used and priced it accordingly and it had around 88% of the full capacity.

I contacted 4 other suppliers of 'new' batteries on eBay and when I told them that I was measuring the capacity of each battery I bought two of them said that although they were selling the batteries as new they were in fact 'pulled' from 'nearly new' tablets. Two other sellers didn't reply.

It's been an eye opening and disillusioning experience.

6. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Did you try Digicare? We get all of our Samsung parts through them and never had any problems.

7. Big Elf

No, not only did they not come up in searches for Samsung batteries I can't actually find any batteries available on that site.

8. rollo

rollo Modder

Most batterys come from broken tablets or older stock that still uses the same battery. Getting a totally new battery is close to impossible due to the nature of what your buying. Its not a product thats made on these shores, Apple charges £59 for a replacement battery for its Iphones or Ipads.

They are not using high capacity batterys last I checked, Even if half of that cost is service if your paying £30 or less for a battery the quality is likely going to be lacking. Checking around most a charging between £10 and £40 for your tablet. £10 seems very cheap.

Its one of the only manufactures that offer this service directly.

If it was me buying id go here

http://www.pcpartsonsale.co.uk/sams...axy-tab-pro-84-16gb-wifi-battery-p-99215.html

They have a store you can go into if needs be.

9. Big Elf

Unfortunately pcpartsonsale don't appear to stock the battery for my Tablet.

I see what you're saying but why are the vast majority of suppliers lying? If they're used batteries they should say so.

Edit: Thinking about it I guess they're lying because most people don't actually check the capacity of the battery so they can get away with it.

Last edited: 7 Feb 2016