1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Turn Off

Discussion in 'Software' started by RascalRusty, 22 Aug 2003.

1. RascalRusty

RascalRusty What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

Need a little help, Not sure why its happening but Ive had this computer problem for a while now, basically, the computer just cuts off and restarts, It doesnt even go to a blue screen error (I dont know how you change the default auto shut down when an error occurs!!!) Ive not got a virus as I have completely reformatted my drive about 15 times!!!

Any ideas??? The error information I copied from the report is as follows:

Error Signature
    BCCode : 1a BCP1 : 00003451 BCP2 : C03DF7B4 BCP3 : 80E4C2E8
    BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1

Error report contents, files included in the report
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini072203-03.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Rusty\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

I was thinking it may be device conflicts, my set up as follows,
    AMD Athlon 1.3, Gigabyte GA-7DXR motherboard, Voodoo 5500 graphics card, standard Conexant modom, standard network card, fujitsu HDD, Plex writer, and two different kinds of memory that I keep swaping cause the registard stuff dont like installing any programs, so I have to install stuff using a cheap and cheerfull 128MB PC2100 momory modual, then put back in two Crucial Registerd 256MB PC2100 moduals (=512MB).

Any ideas would be great cause its annoying turning off all the time

Cheers all

Russ

2. Lucifer

Lucifer What's a Dremel?

dodgy RAM, dodgy HDD or dodgy voodoo drivers. try running prime95 and fujitse hdd diagnostics

3. RascalRusty

RascalRusty What's a Dremel?

Hi, where do I get them programs from, what will they tell me

4. funkymunky

funkymunky Guest

i sort of had the same problem... i found it was just xp being stupid! :D
    If you enter the control panel, then goto system, click the advanced tab then start up and recovery.......

at the bottom of the page there are 3 boxes. Unclick the last 2. WIll will stop the computer from booting if there is an error but show a bsod so it is still possible for u to diagnose the problem :p

5. funkymunky

funkymunky Guest

6. cellis4766

cellis4766 What's a Dremel?

I have also had a bad motherboard that did the same thing, PC would boot up, load windows, then shut down, boot up, load windows, etc...

Tags: