1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding First pics of my modded Cyber Fusion

Discussion in 'Modding' started by DreXeL, 3 Feb 2002.

1. DreXeL

DreXeL What's a Dremel?

Firstly apologies for the terrible web-cam pics, these pics are just to give you an idea of the mods I've done, better pics coming when I can get hold of a digital cam. The first thing I did was give it some bloo LED action. Then I cut a big old window in the side. I've got a small bloo neon in there at the mo, but I have a Cathode coming tomorrow to replace it. I modified the bottom 5.25" bay into a dual intake by trimming some of the cage back, and moving the 2 80mm YsTechs to the bottom, placed some chrome guards on them, then I cut some blow hole duct in half and glued the 2 pieces into the drive bay opening, after dremmeling the cover to take them. I have cut out the 80mm pressed guards at the back of the case, and replaced them with chrome finger guards. I also have a 16x2 VFD in the front, although it just looks like a bloo blob in the pics. You'll see it properly when I get some decent pics up. So what do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kronus

Kronus What's a Dremel?

i rekon the case looks sick man.. job well done.:rofl:

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

nice case... just need a better camera than a web cam ;)

Lookin good tho m8

4. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Looks very nice, I do like those cases.. maybe take some normal camera photos and scan them in?

Anyway, mail me your address and I'll get you out a BiT-Tech case badge (Blue I assume?) to.. 'top it off'. :D

5. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

trying to out do the OcUK badge?? :p

6. DreXeL

DreXeL What's a Dremel?

YGM Kna

I have some pics of it in my normal camera at the moment, just waiting for the wife to use up the film and get it prossesed ;)

Thanks for the comments guys :D

7. Mayze

Mayze PH34R my ROBO Squirrel!

oh my god! that case looks like a modded playstation 2 :p

very nice, very nice!

8. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Cisco did something I recall whereby they would give you a 75% discount if you swapped out piece for piece your Bay Networks Switches/Hubs/Routers etc.

I'm just offering the same service for other case badges ;)

9. billy beard

billy beard What's a Dremel?

ive nearly finished moddin the same box,could that lcd have fitted in a floppy drive slot m8?

10. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

Not a huge fan of those cases myself, but that looks nicely done mate :) Some better pics of that LCD would be nice also ;)

:cool:

11. Geek

Geek What's a Dremel?

Nice dual intake mod. /me wishes I had more time to mod...damn uni :--)

Gordon

12. GT3_GOD

GT3_GOD What's a Dremel?

why didnt I get one? :p

13. DreXeL

DreXeL What's a Dremel?

Better pics on the way, I've no digi-cam so you'll have to wait for me to get some regular pics developed and scanned :( BTW it's a VFD, not an LCD ;)

The actual display itself would fit into a floppy bay, but the PCB it's mounted on is too tall. It's a perfect fit for a 5.25" bay though.

14. psibim

psibim What's a Dremel?

nice job there..

15. Nice work

16. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

Looks nice, I like that case. I almost got that one. Good to see what someone could do to it...

17. Tim S

Tim S OG

I could have been moddin one of these if I didnt have an expensive taste! :D

18. bajastx

bajastx What's a Dremel?

Looks good Drexel.

When I first got into case modding (about 3 months ago) I actually ordered that case. I think it's pretty sweet looking, but when I sall all the mods I could buy... DigiDoc, LCD's, Rheobus, etc. I decided I'd better go with a full tower. Thankfully the Cyber Fusion was on backorder, so I got to cancel the order. Anyways, looks like a nice job from what I could tell... I'm looking forward to seeing some nice clear pics of it.

19. bajastx

bajastx What's a Dremel?

Yeah EXPENSIVE! I had that Cyber Fusion ordered for $57. You can buy about 3 of those for the price of a Lian-Li PC-60.

Nothing against Lian-Li's. I think they're really nice cases, but just not worth what they cost... and I even consider myself to have expensive taste too.

Of course this is just my opinion.

20. Tim S

Tim S OG

I havent got a lian li, IMO they look a bit ugly... Ive modded/am modding a CoolerMaster ATC-201, which I think is the best looking case on the market, well if it isnt, then there is something nicer, then its another coolermaster ;)

The cases are expensive, but the customer service has been outstanding! I required 4 5.25" Drivebay covers for my case, due to stealthing drives, and I emailed them to find out where I could get them from. They told me that there is no where that really sells them in the UK, and that they were not really equipped for electronic sales, but if I sent a cheque to them, they would send me some extra blanking plates... the whole deal was completed within about 4 days, including me recieving the new blanking plates.

which cost me £215, so I guess you could buy about 4 or 5 of the cyber fusions for what Ive got....

Plus Ive spent rather a lot on the case too, with lots of little goodies :)