1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Deepcool announces eye-catching Captain EX AIO coolers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 8 Apr 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Different? Yes

Eye catching? Yes

Steampunk? Not even close

I kind of like the look, but it's a gimmick that adds a potential point for catastrophic failure, so pass.

Last edited: 8 Apr 2016
  3. Jimbob

Jimbob Minimodder

Clear tubing with red liquid would have made it a much more desirable product. As it is, it's just an also-ran.

4. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

There have been quite a few AIO's over the last year or so that have tried to change things up but none of them have had reviews...

5. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Surely there's nothing more steampunk than matt black moulded plastic and shiny chrome?

But seriously, given how badly translated the rest of the page is I'm willing that 'their' definition of Steam Punk isn't the same as yours or mine.

I'll auto-replace it my head their design language with cyberpunk and feel better about it and give myself a nice pat on the pack. The design isn't cyberpunk either though...

I actually quite like it. OMG, it's something with 'bling' aimed at GAMERS and I'm liking it? What's up with me!

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Steampunk?

[​IMG]

The Captain EX AIO coolers? Nope.

7. Mattakadeimos

Mattakadeimos What's a Dremel?

The 'steampunk' misquote doesn't even ruffle my feathers. What does is the marketing branding term before it. Anyone stupid enough to think a product is crazy really must be as dull as dishwater in real life.

Also, 100% metal material clip? As opposed to an only 80% metal material clip that they usually use maybe?
    They kindly thought of putting in holes for installing fans on the radiator as well, what a useful feature, I wish all those proper watercooling companies would be so kind as to do that too.

Finally I'm confused as to why they'd use the term three phase induction motor when that's clearly a brushless dc motor.

This sent my ******** meter ringing so loud that the neighbours rang the fire brigade.