1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Asus AC68U

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stepea, 24 Nov 2015.

1. stepea

stepea What's a Dremel?

Apart from keeping the existing firmware, can anyone recommend the best firmware for AC68U

dd-wrt2, Merlin ......

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

RMerlin's firmware is what I've been using since I got this router last year. It's rock solid stable and no major issues until recently.

I've had 2.4GHz random disconnects on the .55 firmware, I've not tried more recent ones. I've been using 378.54_2 for many months now, absolutely zero problems.

Personally, compared to DD-WRT I was running on my previous Linksys router, I found the RMerlin firmware to be much easier to use and less surprises. With DD-WRT, a certain version might break some features of the firmware...... less than ideal for me.

3. stepea

stepea What's a Dremel?

Tried to put Merlin's firmware on my Asus 68u router but when trying to upload the trx file - message says firmware upgrade unsuccessful. Current firmware is Asus 3.0.0.4 378 9168.

Any ideas ?

4. sourdough

sourdough Minimodder

Hi, I thought I'll keep everything about this router in this thread. I started using it for about a week now but this morning when I click on the client icon in Network Map, the list came up empty. Clicking View List also gave a blank list. It is still the case after I rebooted. Any suggestions? or is it a good time to use 3rd party firmware?

RC