1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Computex 2016 - Day 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 1 Jun 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Hey wait a minute, that EVGA power supply with LED connectors looks just like my Superflower power supply with LED connectors.

Oh yes, that's because it is a Superflower Power supply with LED connectors.

:)

Like the look of that Gigabyte Z170X Ultra board, would definitely be on my shortlist if/when I make the move from Haswell to Skylake.

3. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Wasn't impressed by the Corsair suite at all. Blake is awesome and it was amazing to finally meet him (known him online for a few years), but there didn't really seem like anything new on show. The mods were pretty meh, as was the memory, which didn't sport any exciting design changes. I liked the fans a lot though, both the hub-lit and edge-lit ones looked great, hoping to use the hub ones in an upcoming build.

4. LooseNeutral

LooseNeutral What's a Dremel?

Umm. Where is the psu located in that Phanteks case o_O ?

5. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

RE: "elegent triple"; perhaps they were going for a lettering pun? If you write it by hand all in lower case, the swirls of the "e" are kind of like the fans, and there are three of them stacked between other letters as per the default fan loadout... #readingtoomuchintoit

6. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Was that a 4-way 1080 SLI setup by EVGA? I thought Nvidia were only supporting 2-way now...

7. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

How would you know without diving deep into the settings? It may have 4 physical cards, but they may not all be linked.

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Some herbert at EVGA posted a forum message saying the 1080 would only do two-way, a bunch of sites reported it verbatim without doing any research - handily ignoring the fact that Nvidia itself unveiled the 1080 by demonstrating it in three-way SLI...

The EVGA message soon disappeared, and I presume said herbert was taken to one side and told to stop being silly.

EDIT: Oh, wait, I may be partially wrong here: digging deeper, it seems the three-1080 system was using the third for physics calculations and that anything higher than two-way SLI is "not recommended" by Nvidia - not necessarily "not supported," but "not recommended." You *can* still do three- and four-way SLI, but you need to download an "Enthusiast Key" to unlock the functionality and it may not work on all games. How bizarre.

9. NoobNeb

NoobNeb Enthusiastic Lurker

Was thinking the only components left to get RGB'd in the latest trend were SSDs and PSUs and Computex has provided both, it's good to see manufacturers providing more customisation but 'Now with RGB lighting!' feels like it's gotten a bit out of hand haha

10. Locknload

Locknload Jolly Good Egg

Oooh!
    That Evga case.....here is Money, just take it.

11. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Take a fork lift with you when collecting it...23Kg!!

12. Locknload

Locknload Jolly Good Egg

DHL Cheesecake.

Tags: Add Tags