1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Power and Reset

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Darkman_UK, 15 Sep 2003.

1. Darkman_UK

Darkman_UK What's a Dremel?

I want to put my computer in another room, but want to make a hole in the wall to pass through some cables to a 2nd monitor and an infra red keyboard, plus some audio cables.

I want to be able to control the power and reset set switches (the infra red kb won't allow me to power up)

I am in the process of sourcing the buttons I want, but I am not sure on how to connect then!

Could I just wire them directly to the mobo header along with the case buttons or is there another way of doing this?

2. bard

bard Modding isn't what it used to be

Wiring them to the mobo would be ok.
    My wireless (Radio frequency) keyboard allows me to power up btw.

3. Stanmanfoo

Stanmanfoo What's a Dremel?

sounds like a pretty cool idea, one question for you though: won't it be a pain to go to the CD drive in another room? If you don't use a CD drive that often then it won't be a problem. Good luck with your mod.

4. Darkman_UK

Darkman_UK What's a Dremel?

I plan to use the 'remote' part of the system as a Jukebox as I have already stored all of my audio discs as MP3's (over 8000), then use the main part of the system in the other room when I want to do some work,play a game or surf the NET