1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Asus Rampage V Edition 10 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 14 Sep 2016.

1. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

My bad, some diodes too, some 10 cent sata plugs (mind I'd be surprised if a roll of sata plugs came in at 10c each) and a bit of solder.

2. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

500 quid and they can't position the heatsinks not to foul bits and pieces. What a joke. Asus seem more like a company that coasts along on their brand name rather than trading on the actual quality and ability of their components.

3. ajfsound

ajfsound Minimodder

Holy moly - £500. What the hell is going on here then. Are Asus turning into Apple?

4. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I do love how people focus on the price more than anything else. I guess some just don't realise what goes into such a board... :D

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Considering you can get a dual socket 2011 board from the very same manufacturer for less I can understand where they are coming from with their complaints about the price.

Besides, its not like Asus started from scratch, a lot of the work was done already in the past and carried over from previous products like the Rampage V Extreme.

6. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Why shouldn't people focus on the price? It's £500! It may or may not be the world's most amazing motherboard and a great technical achievement, but it is undeniably very expensive for a motherboard so it's not exactly surprising that people are going to comment on the price.

7. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

EXACTLY this. Asus' pricing is getting worse, sadly in parallel with their customer service. I dropped them as a go-to name a long time ago, but that was a tough choice given their innovations are often spot on. They're just not backed up by quality.

So yes, £500 IS a lot for what you get, especially considering it's just a new iteration of existing stuff. U.2 ports etc. aren't new for this board.

Tags: Add Tags