1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ~<(MoD-Urn)>~, 25 Jan 2002.

1. UnLoadeD

UnLoadeD What's a Dremel?

Here's what i use for gaming, good old logitech. I play mostly FPS, TFC is my favorite. I noticed nobody listed using anything like this, maybe you should give iit a try, once ya get used to it, you'll never regret it.

[​IMG]

peace.
    UnLoadeD

2. Celt

Celt What's a Dremel?

yuk
    i tried a scrollyball once and i hated it. not nearly as much control as a mouse.

3. moose

moose What's a Dremel?

And you get to use your thumb for more interesting stuff! :D

Ditto with celt on the track balls im afraid.. guess I'm just too lame to work them right ;)

4. UnLoadeD

UnLoadeD What's a Dremel?

Well, it does take a bit of getting used to it, but once you do its well worth it. I use it for everything, except Photoshop, got a lil wacom tablet for that.

v

5. The1

The1 What's a Dremel?

I had one just like that, but i didnt like it i had it for a while but still prefer a normal optical mouse for gaming

6. Celt

Celt What's a Dremel?

i got a little A5 wacom tablet too

once i was on the planetquake pic of the day because i sent in a pic of me using it to play quake :)

7. Galvatron

Galvatron What's a Dremel?

Intellimouse explorer rockz....ive been using it for 8 months now..its a great bit of kit

i used to play with a sens of 4 out of 20 in cs becose my old mouse was insensitive as **** and if u ut it too high it would skite about everyewhere

now i got the intellimouse and my sens is 16/20 and i can do 8 spins in game if i move my mouse from one end of the mousepad to the other :D

8. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

ive got the intellimouse optical explorer thingy. wouldnt change it for anything!!!

ive tried the 4d cordless optical mouse, but it was soon relegated for being crap!!!!

that reminds me, i need to get my ratpad back off my theiving father, who needed a hard mouse mat for his laptop.

GRRRRR @ thieving parents

9. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

Being left handed I cant try tracker balls due to the buttons, I had an optical micrsoft mouse and that was ok if i set the mouse sensitivity to medium or high but on fast mouse moves the senser couldn't keep up . Maybe the newer models can, so I use the a ps2 ( I know but there wasn't a usb version when i brought it) intelli mouse 5 button one which fits for lefties too. £12 at a compy fair.

10. FeebleUK

FeebleUK What's a Dremel?

FeEBLeUK

whoop :)

personally i want one of them chordless but optical ones, cant remembe rhte name. by microsoft. tried on in pc world, its liek moulded to your hands!!! well comfy.

feels heavy with a battery though

11. eaterofpies

eaterofpies What's a Dremel?

ive used 3 different trackballs 3 button optical 5 button optical 5 button cordless optical 2 buton ball and 3 button ball and a touchpad thingy and decided that
    trackballs while good for C&C suck cos they gunk up quickly
    5 buttons gets in the way
    cordless opticals and ball mice r just too heavy
    and ive worn a hole in the paint on my 3 button optical mouse buttons and it skips too much cos it was cheap oh and i hate ergonomic mice :)

can ne one suggest a sensative hard to skip optical mouse with (preferably) a long lead?

or is that a bit too much?
    :confused:

12. bHawk

bHawk What's a Dremel?

I have a MS IntelliMouse and I couldnt be happier!

Its fast and accurate and I love the extra mouse mouse buttons. I play TFC all the time and I have each button bound to something, plus when I hold Q the side buttons and scroll wheel change functions.

My only complaints with it are that it doesnt like me moving too fast, but since its sensitive enough i dont need to move to fast anyways. And i wish it wasnt red...

13. *mat-ster*

*mat-ster* What's a Dremel?

MS Intelli explorer deffinately THE best*

NOW - All the top tourny players (UT,CS,Q3 etc) use USB (for refresh, duel lasers even).

AT THE END OF THE DAY IT'S WHAT YOUR HAPPY WITH THAT COUNTS.

Errrmmmm hate usin the keyboard anyone know where I can get a "Claw" or similar device in UK?
    Also Lookin for an outlet who can provide me with one of the everglide mats, no not the rubbish Giganta ones the others with pictures on em.

CheerZ

* In my opinion.
    Happy pointing how ever ya do it!

14. benje

benje Minimodder

MS optical Explorer still does me fine after 1 year, the only thing I have changed is my mousemat, im now using an Everglide gigantica one with the Q3 logo on it. Works beutifully but my m8 has a Logitec IFEEL Mouseman optical and I would prefer that to a MS optical. It feels soo comfortable and looks awesome. I would recomend that to anyone buying a new mouse for gameing, or anything :p Ifeel mouseman

15. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

logitech dual optical...can only reccomend it....not too big and as for the tracking and smoothness it owns the microsoft intelli bull****e ones any day....my mate has the microsoft and he used to play for 4K (CS players might know the clan before it broke up) and he prefers to use my mouse in cs....even nicked it at the last lan, i mean "borrowed":eyebrow:

16. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Oops, double post. See below!!

Last edited: 22 Mar 2002
  17. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Microsoft intelimouse, what can I say, I got it cheap!

I want a dual sensor optical, but can't aford it right now!

***! can't post more than once every 30 seconds!! I type WAY too fast!

18. FeebleUK

FeebleUK What's a Dremel?

I really want that ms explorer wireless one, but macroman gave it such a bad review!

19. Evilbob

Evilbob What's a Dremel?

wireless is bad news batterys run out real quick so im told :unsure:

20. eaterofpies

eaterofpies What's a Dremel?

i cant afford to replace batterys at the end of a month if u use duracells think of the pints u will lose out on!!!! ne way for me wireless is right out

NI

Tags: