1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Hello Games did the right thing by keeping quiet after No Man's Sky; here's why

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 28 Nov 2016.

1. iggy

iggy Minimodder

How much did Sony pay for this piece?

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Am I the only one who thinks that people expected a bit too much from this game, and are taking all this just a bit too seriously?

3. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Those of us who remember Spore were probably less inclined to expect too much - I didn't buy NMS personally.

Glad to see history repeating itself though.

4. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

I don't think that it's unrealistic to expect any game to deliver what the Founder & Director of the company producing it personally says in interviews - especially not for £40 - which might be a drop in the ocean to you, but is not necessarily the case for others.

5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Yes they did, but then Sean Murray told flat out lies about what was in the game from what I can gather (I've not played the game).

Overall, I'm glad I passed it over. I MIGHT pick it up for £3 or less down the road and see if I can be bothered to play it - if I don't I can always get it refunded, or not care about £3 wasted rather than £40.

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

+1

It's a bit harsh to criticise the people who bought this game on the strength of promises made by the developer. We're not talking about ambiguous hints and half truths here - there was a video Q&A (on youtube iirc) where he answered questions sent in, and many of those promises were not delivered upon.

I'm also glad I let this slide, but I dont really care about picking it up in the bargain bins either.

7. Zanib

Zanib What's a Dremel?

"but it seems like the devs have brought more of the game to fans for free"

Considering it cost £40 but was worth about £15... I disagree this update was £25 worth of content.

That isn't to say I don't think it still has a great deal of potential though.

8. PaulJG

PaulJG Minimodder

Hmmm.. yeap - I was burnt.. completely my fault - but put my hand up to the hype machine. Not a happy bunny..

I sat on the bench for day's before the release date, umming and erring.. They want £40!, thats £10 more than I usually pay! - So I sat there reading the mag previews, watching the vid's I could find online..

ohhh... space battles, sandworms, big stompy dinosaurs breaking into the open fighting other dinos - SOLD!!

What I really got is a shallow empty game, with the same scripted things happening on every world - cue the 3 flying ships overhead. :( - my fault for being a plonker.. but what a bloody farce.

Tags: Add Tags