1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nanoxia announces Special NNV vibration-damping fan family

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 19 Jan 2017.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. DbD

DbD Minimodder

For a case fan you can just buy any fan you fancy and then use the rubber damper screw mounts (which you use instead of screws) for just as good damping. Where this would be good is a cpu fan which doesn't screw in and has some funny clip on method, unfortunately that fan above hasn't got the frame those clips require.

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

So instead of using the cheap as chips anti vibration fan mounts they've moved it to the inner frame, i guess there's a market for it but personally I've not found vibration to be the main cause of fan noise.

Ninja-ed by DbD. :)

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Still waiting for Dyson to bring out bladeless PC fans...

5. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

While the technology certainly is interesting I don't see the appeal (at that price point). Other components such as the PSU or GPU fans are already way louder than the existing low noise fans.

6. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

When you think about it, fan manufacturers need to think of a USP to shift their stock, so by all means they should market a fan based on something other than its ability to move air. :lol:

£19 a pop too... you can even get Noctua fans for less than that. Do Nanoxia really believe that much in loyalty to their brand?

7. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

How about a partnership with other companies to supply less noisy fans for high end components?

Seriously, I'd spend a lot of money extra on a GPU or PSU using Noctua fans.

8. Taua

Taua What's a Dremel?

You could just have the venturi structures and pipe air around the case to them from a main pump. Would be great for general airflow and look very cool, but am thinking static pressure would be terrible :(?

9. Wwhat

Wwhat Minimodder

I read another review in which it was found they do not maintain silence when used horizontally, but for normal orientation were being silent.

10. Wwhat

Wwhat Minimodder

You know you could just remove the fan shroud from graphics cards and zip-tie some normal fans to them, people have done so in the past.
    Or buy a water cooling setup for the card.
    I mean if money is available for it of course.
    But in the case of fans I fear that you need such high-powered fans that even the best fans will still be noisy when running the GPU hot.