1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MDK's uni blog

Discussion in 'General' started by M_D_K, 29 Sep 2003.

1. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Thought id let everyone know that i am at uni and doing fine so far. Things have gone better then i expected and i have met everyone in my flat and they are very nice ppl, so far have been out to the pub for a few drinks to get t know everyone . I have cooked my first meal yesterday which consisted of a pizza, that went well it cooked quicker then it did when i was at home so bonus :D.
    Im in the freshers weeks so the course hasn't started yet, I registered today and that wen damn quick looked at the que that has been building and its massive :lol: i got there nice and urly so the que was very short and i went through registration damn fast. I know have a lovely looking identification card that i was issued with. Yet to go to the course introduction, thats at 1pm should be interesting will get all the neccersary paperwork. Althoguh the amount of paperwork i already have is large :lol:.
    Should really tell yu how the move in went , well it was slow took me a while to get all my stuff into the room i had quite a bit, i will try and get some images up to show you lot how big the room is its a good size with shower and toilet etc...
    Anyway thats been the first 2 days of uni so far

Last edited: 30 Sep 2003
  2. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

hehe cool, have fun at uni :lol:

3. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

Sweet. University is so damn fun, you'll have a great time.

I'd like to see your room, you can pass on the toilet though :p .
    Maybe if I get a digicam I'll take some pics of my room...

4. :Galokin:

:Galokin: Guest

have fun yeah!

U have a nice room and u got some nice people to live wiv so i expect u will have a great time!

I take it u got internet connection now then?

Dont 4get to post on bit...i know u will be a busy man now ur a uni!

until i see u next...

Have fun!

p.s. Try not to get toooo slaughtered...i know its hard when u got so many pubs/clubs right next door to your accomodation! :lol:

5. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

That's so not cool... I wish drinking age was 18 over here. But I suppose we Americans are pretty abusive with alcohol...

6. Supercool

Supercool Gone.

st00000000000000000000000000000dent! :p
    /hides from half of the forum members

Have fun M_D_K :thumb:

7. M_D_K's mum

M_D_K's mum What's a Dremel?

When should I pick up your washing????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

8. DRxAndy

DRxAndy What's a Dremel?

hahaha, everyone from any country i'd say is equal on the abuse of alchohol

i agree though, the states suck when it comes to drinking age
    if im not mistaken, we're the only country in the world with the age of 21 being the drinking age... everyone else is younger.

9. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

nope no internet connection yet but im posting from Parentss favtory at the moment and the last post was from the libary at uni i popd in there to sort out my login

10. bard

bard Modding isn't what it used to be

I would gladely increase the drinking age to 50 in Norway in exchange of getting driving age to 16 (from 18), though.
    (Besides, no one follows the drinking age...)

What'ya up to at uni, mdk? I mean, what are you studying? Hope it's not something involving alot of typing. That could get expensive.

11. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Blog Update

Me is on the net now sorted out 56k in my room so surfing is back :D
    Good day today did a math exam :( but went ok, its nothing to do with the course the maths department are doing a servay on how well ppl can do maths. Also had a meet and great session in the cafe with everyone in the course Free Tea/coffee and biscuits which was nice :p. All is well sitting on the net at the moment posting :D

will update later need to eat not sure what to cook have a beans and sausages on the menu me thinks :D

12. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Im at portsmouth Uni and studying Computer Managment Networking and Design :D

Should be fun me hopes :D

13. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Bit of an update for you

had the freshers fair today, was a bit packed though loads of ppl there. All tightly packed inot a couple of tents, picked up te usual free vouchers and stuff. Also signed up for the mountaineering club and this LAN thing that some guy is orginizing which should be cool its £3 per hour or £10 a day or theres a monthly thing i might get into that as its only up the road from me so all is good.

Made a couple more friends which is progress i suppose.

anywhoo an update for you O also applying for Wireless lan access and Broadband internet its like £1.50 a week for 128k so its not that bad

14. afjs1413

afjs1413 Minimodder

Glad to hear things are going good for you at uni.

Go have some more fun!!

15. Tim S

Tim S OG

nice to see you're having a good time, why no decent connection to your room?

Don't they have the halls on the university network? :blah:

16. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

me got broadband today :D yippy, can now post on bit-tech again :D few i was getting withdrawal simptons.
    Unis being going great had first week of lectures this week, theym most of them went well.
    having alot of fun at the moment going out and meeting new ppl :D, joined the climbing club so thats quite cool and im going to go back to Ninjitsu again so hopefully i'll be doing that 4 times a week again :D

Also M_D_Ks been spending again

I bought loads of wireless stuff :D turned up and was quite cool :D
    Got all 54g stuff :D, got the access point pci card and the PCMCIA card for me lappy :D also got loads of other random things to make the case look nice :p

anyway thats the update for ya :D

17. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Glad to see ya doin' ok as you've not been on MSN much recently, one thing I wouldnt be able to stand about it if I went to uni is the lack of money.

Anyhow. I quite 1st year of college and never regreted it since. I still have no money though, Computers are an expensive addiction :D

18. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

lol mdk, nice one